Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Oh gosh! I thought, was last night a dream? I mean did Nyx seem different or was I just too sleep deprived. I heard a groan and looked at the floor. Kari was rubbing her neck and stretching.

"Ow! my back hurts, what happened to me?" She said sleepily. I busted out laughing, her hair was in a hot mess and had tangles everywhere.

"Well it first started with the candy..." I said grinning.

"Ugh! I knew it! too much candy is bad for me! why didnt you take it away from me?!" she said glaring at me. I raised my eyebrow and looked at her with a your-really-asking-me-that-question kind of look.

"Remember what happened the last time I tried to take the candy away from you?" I said, her glared disappeared and a guilty one replaced it.

"Oh yeah.." she said remembering that crazy night. We had been having a sleepover because my parents were away on a business trip, so we decided to pull an all night-er. Kari had brought a whole candy store practically inside a bag, and before I knew it she had eaten half of all the chocolate and licorice. I was laughing at how she kept running around the house with only her bra and panties on, the bag of candy was in her hand. I had seen her run towards the living room and I followed only to see her get near my mothers most priced possessions. It was her collection of old fashioned glass dolls, she only had three of them. I watched in horror as she tipped over and hit the shelf were the dolls were at. I ran towards her and tried to take the bag away from her and move her away from the shelf. She fought hard and we tugged and pulled untill I finally managed to take it away from her, but I lost my balance and fell backwards onto the shelf. The dolls fell forward and landed with a crash on the floor. I tried to hide everything, but the night my mom came back home she noticed they were missing and lets just say I was grounded until next year. I was so mad at Kari that I ended up ignoring her for weeks. After a while I finally just gave into her begging and now mom only lets me have her over when she's here and we have to stay in my room.

"Hey so guess what?" said Kari changing the subject. I smiled and watched as she came and sat next to me with the biggest grin on her face.

"What?" I asked now curious.

"Emmet's throwing a party tonight and Invited all of us." I still looked at her, Emmet threw the most outrageous parties in the whole school. I knew that if you went then it meant you just entered a whole new other level in the popularity world.

"I say we go, I talked to Aiden and he said he was going, and its the perfect excusse to dress like a total hottie." She said jumping up and down on my bed. I kept getting this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm not sure if I should be going, I have a bad feeling about this.

"I don't know..." I said unsure.

"Aw come on please! please! please!pleaseeeeeeee! please! pleaseeee!" Kari whined while tugging at my hand like a little five year. I swear I love this girl and all but sometimes even she drives me crazy.

"FINE!" I yelled, gosh she was so whiny.

"Yay! well go take a shower. I'm going home really quick to get me some clothes and take a quick shower, we don't have all day." She said getting up and leaving, I sighed and walked into the shower after half an hour of just scrubbing I got out and wrapped a towel around me. Walking into the room I saw Kari holding up a short red dress, it was classy. I putt it on and admired it, the dress hugged me in all the right places and the hem of the dress reached up to my thighs. Sparkles reflected all over the dress.

"Wow! I remember this dress, you never wore it, why are you letting me borrow it?" I asked Kari confused.

"Because it doesn't fit me and I knew you loved it so you can keep it..." she said smiling.