Chapter 3

T H R E E

Detention was torture, all three of us just sat there while Mrs. Booth droned on and on about absolutely nothing. I'm sure the reason they hired her for detention was because she had the ability to bore people to death.

I thought I was going to die. But we survived the afternoon an hour later, and we were now walking back to my house. Aiden had decided he wanted to tag along. I was a bit nervous for him to see my place, I wasn't sure what kind of house or neighborhood he used to live in and I was afraid he would disapprove of mine.

Since I lived very close by the high school we arrived within twenty minutes and dropped our bags on the floor by the front door. They both quickly followed me towards the living room when I kept on walking. I almost turned back around when I noticed Blair sitting on the couch making out with Nyx.

I tried not to care that the love of my life was currently sucking face with the little devil.

"Ew." said Kari scrunching her nose up in disgust. Blair pulled back quickly and looked at us, glaring at first then smiling when she noticed Aiden. I stayed quiet, Nyx looked up, my heart speed up as we locked eyes

Blair rolled her eyes, "Grow up" she said turning back to Aiden.

"Hey Aiden, what are you doing here?" She didn't even bother saying hello to the rest of us. She was being rude, but Kari just rolled her eyes back and gave me a look that told me she thought Blair was being annoying. I had to agree as I held back a smile.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to hang out with Kari and Avery" Blair looked disappointed. I wanted to gloat but Nix was watching my reactions, I wasn't sure why, but he didn't seem to notice the flirty tone in his girlfriend's voice.

"Oh, I know! Why don't we all hang out together. We can watch movies or something." Blair said brightly. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I gave Aiden a slight shake of the head. I didn't want to spend any more time with Blair and Nyx in the same room together than I already had too.

"Nope! we can't, we have homework to do, sorry Blair maybe next time." I said fake smiling. Blair gave a tight smile back, I knew she was pissed and it gave me a little thrill to know I had the upper hand for once

"Well okay then, I'll be downstairs if you guys need anything." she turned back around to a frowning Nix. We all raced up the stairs and I collapsed on top of my bed. It wasn't until the door closed behind me that Kari and Aiden jumped on top of me. The air swooshed right out of me as their pressing weight dug onto my abdomen. I was suffocating with my face plastered to the bed.

"Cant. breath." I gasped out. Kari and Aiden started laughing as soon as they got off, I was too busy trying to catch my breath to laugh a long with them. When I was finally able to breathe, I let out a smile, Aiden walked over to hug me. I couldn't help but notice that he smelled like mint, I inhaled as much of it in as possible. He let go of me way too soon, leaving me wanting more of his touch.

"Sorry but this was just an opportunity we couldn't miss out on." He grinned. I watched his dimples come out with a riveting fixation. They just looked so adorable on him.

"Sure, for you guys maybe" I crossed my arms over my chest, "You weren't at the bottom practically dying from lack of air" I said as I glared at them.

Kari looked over at me innocently, "Don't be so dramatic, we aren't that heavy." Aiden nodded along to her words. I really couldn't be mad, they were silly and funny. I was starting to think maybe Aiden fit right along with us.

I watched the way he ran his hand through his hair, his lips moving fast as he asked Kari a question. I must have been staring too long because suddenly Kari's hand was in front of my face, waving. My head snapped up.