🏵️Chapter 50🏵️: Elimination method

{Dure's P.O.V}

"We are all here to let the royal house know our displeasure in Princess Eleanora still being the Princess. We refuse to have a murderer as a ruler over us. We don't know what the Royals will do but we hope they remove her title and punish her according to the law. Let the Royals live by example by following the laws they set for we the people".

The whole nation is on fire after the painful and sudden demise of Prince Green, who passed on yesterday afternoon. It was said that an eyewitness which happened to be Eleanora's maid has written her statement against her. No one knows what the outcome will be but citizens have gathered to kick against her release. The royals are still silent over this and the nation is demanding an answer to the death of Prince Green.

"He came over two days ago to the construction site in Lokai and gave everyone working on the construction site a box of pizza and ice cream, encouraging us for working hard. He was perfectly healthy, laughing and sitting with us under the hurt sun, a prince for that matter. I would never believe he died a natural death. Let the Royals look into this or we would take laws into our own hands!"

I switched off the news, sighed and fell back into my chair.

"Before my brother commends you, I'll like to give you this, for a job well done". Shivaniqa said as she gave Mary one of her diamond bracelet to wear but Mary didn't collect it. I knew what she was here for.

I never expected for things to go so smoothly for me but they did. I was expecting that cunning prince to have two tricks up his sleeve but I'm sure he didn't expect me to use Mary against them. Mary was planted into their home by my father and it was through her that I 'bump' into Nora in the first place. Even though I didn't expect to see her crying in the rain but one encounter leads to another.

"Shivaniqa, please go out, I have something to say to our new hero". I told my sister who was reluctant but later agreed. As soon as she walked out, Mary fell to her knees, her eyes held bitterness and anger, pain hiding in her pupils. She was fighting back the tears and it was so obvious. Really so obvious.

"How on Earth did you kill Green? I'm curious" I asked her, looking at her and examining her outfit. She was silent at first, then she slowly answered me "I rubbed the goblet he used to drink his wine with the substance you gave me".

"Why didn't you kill Nora?" I asked her.

Even though I knew that she wouldn't kill Nora. She was too fond of Nora to kill her. Betraying Nora must have taking a lot of her will power.

"It's better you tell me now, before my father walks in". I urged her to confess to me but she still seemed reluctant. She kept fiddling with her fingers and playing with the Hem of her gown.

Just then, father walked in, without knocking. I jumped to my feet to welcome him to my office. I knew he was going to come, unannounced.

"Here you are. The Hero of the day". Father said to Mary, sitting on my chair while I served him a glass of whiskey.

"She did a pretty good job, father, didn't she?" I said to father as I slidded the glass over to him.

"Yes she did, but I still don't understand why Nora is alive. I remember clearly that I asked you to kill both of them. Why is she still alive?" Father asked her as he gently pushed me away from his view.

"If I had killed the both of them, then there will be no one to take the blame for the death of those two. Since Princess Eleanora has been trending for adultery, one more sin wouldn't be too much for her to handle". Mary said, effortlessly defending herself.

I must admit, she was pretty smart. The smartest young girl my father will abduct. That was why he placed her with Nora. Where no one will suspect.

"So how are we ending Nora?" He asked her.

"We don't need to end her. Life imprisonment will do, sir". She replied father, no fear in her. She looked like she was ready to face him off.

"I can see that some time with Eleanora has given you more boldness than you should originally have and that boldness is-"

"It's not Boldness, sir. It's simple strategy". Mary replied him, cutting his sentence shorter than it should have been. I must admit, even I don't have the galls to interrupt father like she just did.

Father sighed and smiled, turning his whiskey in the glass. "So, our strategist, why are you here?"

"You promised me that you'd release my brother once I do the job for you. I've done the job you ask me to do, so may I be bold to ask for the release of my brother?" She said, suddenly raising her voice more than usual towards father.

Father chuckled and smiled, rising to his feet and walking towards Mary, who was now sitting on the floor.

"Mary, right?" Father asked as he squatted before her.

"Yes". She replied boldly.

"I'll release your brother. Even though I don't know if the mortuary attendants will be willing to release a corpse". Father replied and my heart sank to the bottom. I braced myself and tried to keep an expressionless face cause I knew shit was about to go down.

Mary held the collar of my father's shirt and wrestled him to the wall all of a sudden.

"You cannot tell me that. I refuse to listen to you telling me that. I worked my ass off day and night just so my baby brother can be released. I slept with whoever you asked me to so he can be released. YOU TOLD ME LAST WEEK THAT HE WAS FINE AND ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS END THEIR LIVES SO HE COULD BE RELEASED. SO YOU CANNOT TELL ME, MY BROTHER IS DEAD. I DID MY PART OF THE DEAL, IT'S TIME TO DO YOURS!" She screamed in pain as she continued to hit his back on the wall.

The next thing I heard was a gunshot.

"You didn't keep your part of the deal. I asked you to kill both of them but you decided to keep one. But don't worry. I'm not like you. I'll keep my own part of the deal which is letting you and your brother, reunite. Isn't it wonderful?" Father asked, throwing Bloody Mary to the floor, revealing the gun in father's hand.

You see, my father had this bad habit of going to poor villages to take innocent people and train them to be his blade. He will promise them a life of goodness and beauty bringing them to the city to serve as slaves. Some of them work in our narcotics drug factory. Some work as our maids or our bodyguards, while he sells some of them to a particular mafia leader in Rome.

My father had five ways of dealing with his shit. Manipulation, Substitution, Negotiation, Replacement and Elimination. He uses people's weakeness against them and uses it as a strong way to manipulate his slaves.

Once those slaves have no use for him, he eliminates them. That was what he just did to Mary who has been working for us ever since she was three years old.

"Clean up her dead body and find a way to round up Nora's case." Father said before walking out of my office, leaving Mary behind.

"I Curse you... Henias, I curse you". I could hear Mary wheezing.

Lorenzo and Ameed walked in as soon as father walked out.

"Take her somewhere and Bury her, Lorenzo". I ordered Lorenzo, who did so I'mmediately, dragging Mary with him.

"What about Justin? Any news on him?"

"Yes boss. He's still in Dubai".

"Have you called the assassins?"

"I talked to their boss yesterday and he said he'll do it today". Ameed replied me.

"Okay. Tell them I want to see his body, dead or alive. Also ask Queen Mary to keep Nora in jail for as long as she can without her going through trial". I ordered Ameed, who nodded and bounced out.

In a way, I have to agree with father. Sometimes,it is hard to do somethings but we can't deny how necessary it is. Eliminating all future trouble will give you a full rest of mind for the future and if possible you'd be able to move on without remembering what you did in the past.

As far as my family remains safe, I'd continue to serve the devil who happens to be my father.