🏵️Chapter 39🏵️: Meeting up with an old pal.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

"The number you're dialing, is not answering. To send an-" I cut the call for the sixth time today.

Where the hell is this man? I cursed under my breath, rubbing my forehead in hopes that my hand can bring me peace a little but it was not helping at all.

On arriving here yesterday, Ciara and I were led to the Villa we were supposed to live in by Greg Henia. As for my husband, Dure... The last time I saw him was on the plane. I didn't see him leave the plane with the rest of the family.

I've tried calling him but to know avail. I've tried texting. I don't want to believe his purposely ignoring my calls because I know Dure isn't that cold hearted to let me be worried for that long.

This morning, my mother in-law dragged me to the shopping mall with her. She wanted to bond with her 'daughter-in-law' which of course was me. I've tried asking her about the whereabouts of her son but it seems like she also doesn't know where she is.

"How does this look on me, Nora?" I heard her voice as she came out of the dressing room in a tightly fitted gown that was a little two short, red in colour and was in no match with her bob-hairstyle.

"It's beautiful" I replied her in hopes she'd be content with that gown and let me go home already. I need to be sure my husband is fine.

"Yeah, I know it's beautiful. But is it the best?"

"Mother, this is the twenty eighth dress you're picking today. All for a cocktail party" I whined.

"Nora, We're talking about a cocktail party here. More like a ball where rich men bring their wives who only dress up just to show off their husband's networth. You are also in this system, you know this more than I do". She replied me and I couldn't help but groan out in frustration.

"Have you gotten what you'll wear for Tuesday's party?" She asked me.

"No. I have more than enough dresses already". I replied her as respectfully as I could.

"Nora, I want you to dress the most-"

"You should be worried about me, mother. Not her". Shivaniqa grumbled in annoyance before shooting me a glare. But she was the least of my problems.

I opened my phone and dialed Ciara's number. I had asked her to stay back at home in case she got any information on my husband.

"Hello". Ciara said into the phone.

"Any news so far?" I asked her.

"None yet, princess. But according to Lorenzo's info, Duke Dure has been out on meetings". She replied me.

Out on meetings? Would it have killed him to let me know about it?! I muttered angrily under my breath.

"I didn't get that, your highness". Ciara said.

"It's nothing. Thanks for letting me know. My mind can be at peace. Once he gets back home, don't hesitate to call me". I pleaded with her and she hummed back a reply. I hung up but before I could drop the phone, another call came in. It was Green.

I stood up and walked out of the big mall to the car which we had driven ourselves in before picking his call. I wasn't comfortable speaking to my brothers in front of my in-laws lest they misunderstood our conversation and take it to Father-in-law.

"Hey sissy. It's just been two days we saw each other now but you're already in Dubai? It wouldn't have hurt you to tell me you had plans on going there." Green challenged me.

"Don't get me started on that, Dure. My mother-in-law just brought forth the idea out of the blue and made it compulsory for all the family members to go. We thought she was kidding till she came to pick us up the next day. Here I am, in a beautiful unknown land, forced to go shopping with my extravagant in-laws, worried sick about my husband who didn't tell me he was attending meetings and made me stay up all night waiting for him". I summarized my complain for him.