🏵️ Chapter 31🏵️: Exit of an icon.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

  I stared at Dure as he slept soundly in my arms, resting his head on my laps and facing my belly. He believes that he and the unborn child will be able to talk through his special father-child bond.

  As the minutes turned into days and days turned  into weeks and weeks turned into a month, things has been going wonderfully well between Dure and I. In fact, I'm starting to get jealous because I feel he loves the unborn baby more than he loves me.

  I'm guessing I misunderstood Dure badly that day. I was scared, worried and disturbed that he was having an affair outside our marriage but considering the way he's been treating me so well these days, especially with my pregnancy cravings, pains, nausea, mood swings and food aversions, I can't deny the true love he has for me.  Even this morning, he prepared had prepared eight meals for me with the help of Mary before going to sleep.

  Yes, I talked about food aversions. I'm just one month into pregnancy and I can't even take wine. The smell irritates me so badly. Whoever opens wine in front of me should be ready to fight me. I also can't take moringa tea. I really hate it more than ever now. The doctor gotten for me said it was normal for a pregnant woman but no one told me that being pregnant means hating the food stuffs you once loved. No one ever told me that! My eating routine has also Doubled especially for junks. Today's the first day in the new year and we're just like eight hours into the new year but I can tell you that I have eaten times five of what I haven't been eating in my whole lifetime. Dure laughed at me and said I should be careful not to eat too much or I'd have a big baby which can result to painful childbirth but I just can't help it.

Another crazy thing that always happens to me nowadays is mood swings. Mehn, my mood swings are terrible. I could laugh this moment and be crying the next moment. And there were so excessive. A little thing could make me extremely angry and the just seeing someone fall down the stairs could make me cry so bad, my eyes would be swollen. I remember when Mary fell down the stairs right in front of me, Dure had to stay with me the whole day to stop me from crying. I literally finished a whole box of tissues that day. Another crazy thing was being easily angered. My temper has been bad this month. I could get angry for the slightest thing and if the person ignores me while I'm angry with the person, it angers me more. I talked to the doctor about this but he said it was completely normal.  So many other crazy symptoms that I naturally wouldn't have, started occurring and the doctor is saying it's completely normal! Like how could all those be normal?!!

Like even as I'm patting my husband who's sleeping on my lap, I'm currently eating cake and ice cream with the chicken broth Dure and Mary prepared for me.

Even with all this crazy pregnancy symptoms, I'm surprised how Dure endured it all and was patient with me.

  I laid back and sighed. Everything feels the same. I couldn't even travel because when Dure and I entered our private jet to fly out to Australia like we had planned, we had to land immediately cause I was suddenly feeling sick and Dure feared I could die. Nausea, headache, sharp back pain, fever and even restlessness, Dure had to tell the person flying us to land I'mmediately, after throwing up five times and refusing to eat anything. So that means no travel for me. So you understand how monotonous the Christmas and new year celebration has been. I even ate my way into the new year. Dure once joked that anytime he looks at me, he always finds me eating. The only time he hasn't found me eating is when I was sleeping. Well, he wasn't wrong though.

I decided to keep my pregnancy secret from the public and so I haven't told the world about my pregnancy. I'm planning to give the news after my baby celebrates a year old birthday.

I felt a tap on my hand and I traced it only to find my husband fully awake, looking at me.

"Yes?" I replied.