🏵️Chapter 32🏵️: The confrontation.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

    I'm a terrible human being and I know it. Justin was right. How could I ever say that about my grandfather?

I don't care how you try to comfort me that I'm not. I know I am. And that thought alone is biting my heart. But I just can't help myself.

The one who was closest to a father to me, passed away yesterday and instead of me and be in pain, I was casting blames. Even I disgust myself. I locked myself up in the store room as punishment and no matter how bad my belly bites me, I refused to go have something to eat. I wasn't exactly in any heart pain and it was weird. If I was in any pain now, it would be hunger.

Somehow, I expected grandpa's death and honestly I don't even understand why and how I expected his death. His death wasn't exactly as shocking to me as Grandma's death. I mean, Grandpa was like a father to me but he's death wasn't unexpected.

If there were to be an explanation for how I feel right now, it should be anger towards myself. For being so insensitive to what I should be sensitive to.

Do you blame me? I feel like he caused his own death. He should have just remained a widower after grandma's death but he just had to make his marriage to that stupid consort legal. If he had just stayed single, he wouldn't have-

The door banged opened and in came Dure, Mary and Ciara.

"My goodness. Thank God we found you".

"Your highness!" Mary and Ciara chorused as the ran towards me and hugged me as I sat up, cutting my thoughts short.

"Why on Earth will you have to lock yourself up, Nora?... Do you know how worried everyone got?" Dure asked me, giving me his worried face.

"How'd you fine me?" I managed to croak out, because my throat was extremely dry and at this moment, I was feeling cramps in my belly. I was starving but my stubborn mind thinks I deserve it.

  "Your hair was coming out the door. Thank goodness it was, for I don't know how we'd have known you were hiding in the store". Dure replied me, heaving a sigh of relief afterwards.

"Oh my goodness, your highness, you look so pale. You must be starving right now". Said Mary as she tried to pick me up but I refused to budge.

"Leave me alone. I deserve it" I ordered them before turning my back on them.

Suddenly I was lifted up from the floor and pratically thrown into someone's arms. I was in my husband's arms before I could even realize it.

"Dure, drop me right now" I ordered him, angry that he wasn't ready to respect my decision to starve as punishment.

But he didn't even pretend like he heard me, he just continued walking towards the door.

  "Get me down, Dure". I ordered him again but he didn't even bulge no matter how hard I hit him. Hitting him was useless. I was extremely weak and tired but my stubbornness just wouldn't let me stop struggling.

"Princess, this is for your good. You can't starve yourself. Our little Prince is still in there". I heard Mary say but I wasn't getting none of it.

After struggling for what felt like forever, Dure dropped me on a chair. I wanted to stubbornly get out but the aroma of the food right in front of me, made me drop back on my sit. The omellete sat comfortably on the toasted bread and god knows the spices whoever cooked it put inside cause the smell is just irresistible and the smell of the fresh oranges that danced round the cup of juice beside it was to die for.

  I started salivating uncontrollably. Before I knew it, I was already digging my way into the food.

"That's more like it". I heard Dure say before telling Mary "Take good care of your mistress while I'm gone".