Fiancée fiasco

Author's POV :

Finally its the day of engagement. The venue, Star Banquets was decorated in pastel theme. Both the families clad in bright outfits were busy handling the arrangements. Bride and groom were adorned in pastel blue couple outfits.

When the auspicious time arrived,
Ved and Jaanvi exchanged the platinum bands with the blessings of their family and best wishes of friends. For Jaanvi it was a promise to keep her family happy while for Ved it was a way to get back his position in family and company. Both of them successfully managed to pose for every click with a most assuring fake smile. Both the families were extremely happy at the union but they were completely unaware of the turmoil in the newly engaged couple's mind.

Jaanvi's POV :

Finally I'm engaged.... with a ring without any love. Everything went well and both the families were happy at the end of the day. After dinner our families gathered for a family talk time.
"Finally I'm getting a daughter even though I have to send my daughter to her in-laws. I feel really lucky now"
Shaantala aunty was all smiles.
"I think Mom will start giving more importance to her new daughter now, I feel left out "
Krithi Attige was busy shedding her fake tears.
"Don't worry Krithi Attige, you have two moms waiting to pamper you at home. You just have to get ready and get married and come home."
My baby brother was speaking some mature words for some time. Everyone laughed at his words.
"So any idea about wedding dates, we need to prepare so much since we are having double celebrations? "
Amay Anna asked the most important question of the hour.
"We contacted our family astrologer and they have given us 2 dates in May and one more in December. So we still needs to decide the final one"
Dev uncle told us.
"December is a long wait. But if we pick May we have only we only have 3 months to prepare. Can we prepare for 2 weddings in just 3 months? "
Mom was worried.
"Mom we can get it done with the help of wedding planners. So I think we can go with May I guess ."
Avi anna assured.
"May is fine for me too, since I won't have any classes due to semester break. What about you Jaanvi and Ved? You guys are ok with May? "
"If it's ok for you all"
We both blurted out at the same time when Krithi Attige asked us.
"Awww... look at them, already in such a sync, looks like Ved Anna and Jaanvi Attige are the ones having love marriage here "
Ved's cousin Shreya was cooing at our nonexistent love.
If only you knew dear...
"So May it is then. I will contact him and get the better date out of the two" Shaantala aunty told us.
"I have a request for the wedding venue if you all don't mind. Can we have the wedding in Bangalore? Since both Avi and Jaanu are getting married at a time and it's the first function of our family. So it would be great if it happens in our place"
Mom spoke waiting for the response.
"I think its fine, because we have to anyways plan a reception in Mangalore for all our relatives and business partners. This plan seems fine for us"
Dev uncle spoke with a smile.
"So now we should start venue hunt then. We finally have a task in hand"
Ajay recently learnt talking like an adult and we are proud of our little one.
"Since these issues are settled, we have a good news for you Jaanvi on this special day"
Dev uncle spoke and everyone looked at him with curiosity.
"Me and your Dad discussed and decided that you will take over the position of COO of V & A solution starting from next month. We want you both to work hand in hand for the success of the company "
Everyone in the hall was happy except for the two who are going to be the victims of this sudden attack, obviously me and Mr. Vedanth Vasisht.

We can't even stand each other for an hour decently and our families thought it would be good to put us in same company to work together? We both might turn a meeting room into a war field within minutes. How can I let my family's business be destroyed because of me and him? I have to stop this disaster before its too late.
"Dad, Uncle I know you both want this for me and Ved, but I'm not sure if I can handle the position of COO. Its just been a short time that I have been working in our company and such high position needs too much experience. Amay Anna is already handling V&A very well with Ved. So what's the need for such sudden changes? Lets keep it the way it is Dad"
I just hope they realize the grave mistake they are about to create and repair it before its too late.
"Jaanu, we decided it after discussing for a long time. Avi needs Amay now in the Bangalore branch dear. About your abilities, I have faith in my daughter, you have been training since a long time now. You can handle it well princess. Also you have your Dev uncle and Ved to help you."
"But still Dad... "
"Jaanu, you have been working under me for an year now. Amay, Ananth Chikku and I have seen you work efficiently since your internship days. Have confidence in yourself Jaanu. We all trust you and we will always be there if you need anything."
Avi Anna spoke with his usual calm tone.
"Ok.Fine I will try..."
Of course I have to.. Does it look like I have any other choices? As expected, the very loving would be of mine was sending me secret deadly glares right after the discussions ended, the hell I care Mr. , tcchh... Don't flatter yourself too much, you and your opinions are not at all important in this entire conversation Mr. Grumpy groom.