Last semester

Ved's POV :

I had to pick up a call, so I excused myself on our way to Arnav's room and Anu decided to stay with me. Once I finished the call and went to his room I noticed her. She looked really gorgeous in her lehenga...
I congratulated Arnav and then talked to him for some time about our lives.

A boy around her age stood next to her all the time and they seemed really close. Anaitha talked to everyone, atmosphere of the room was changing soon. Mostly it wasn't a wise choice to have Anu and her in the same room... That boy Abhinav introduced himself as her best friend. But his dreamy looks towards her was so obvious. He then dragged her away. Even during the entire engagement ceremony he stayed too close to her like fevicol glue. She laughed at all his stupid silly jokes. I didn't even find anything funny about it.

My family congratulated the newly engaged couple. Mom and Dad went along with Anaitha for lunch. I was still talking to Yash and some other friends and I noticed the special photoshoot happening on the stage. Arnav had instantly bonded with her when we were dating and till today their bond seems the same. Today they were having their moments as brother and sister. It was really heart warming to see them like that. At least something good happened because of that relationship...

I finished up lunch and we bid goodbyes to everyone and returned home. Mom and Dad continued to talk about the day during dinner and then we decided to sleep early since we had an eventful day and everyone was tired.

I went back to my room and decided to sleep. But her thoughts kept coming to my mind all the time. I thought she would be hating me by now, but she was happy in her life and she didn't even mind my existence. May be she has actually moved on in her life.... Anyways why should I be bothered?
I have Anu in my life and we both love each other. So I shouldn't be thinking about anyone else. I think all the traveling is making my mind a mess. I should rest and forget all these nonsense. After a long time, I decided to sleep and give rest to my brain.

Ash's POV :

I wanted to talk to Jaanvi about some things about today's events but I didn't know if it was appropriate to talk or not.
"Spill it before it overflows"
She said as she sat in front of me in the couch.
"You met Ved today and that Anaitha was clinging to him all the time. Did you feel bad about it?"
"I won't say I didn't. Her entire existence there did bother me. But it has nothing to do with him. I felt bad that I trusted a wrong person and considered her to be a good friend. I should have been careful while picking friends. Other than that everything was fine. Also I realized I shouldn't give importance to useless people. Don't worry, I really enjoyed being a part of your special day."
She replied.
"My silly girl grew up so much. I'm proud of you Jaanu."
I am happy to see her this way. Positive, mature and happy... I just wish she remains the same always.

Later at night Arnav called me and we talked about how the engagement went well according to the plan. We both were really happy about today. Jaanu teased me throughout the call.
Arnav has changed my idea about love. He became my strength when I was feeling down, he showed me reasons to be happy in life. He is one of those best people in my life whom I would never wish to loose.

Jaanvi's POV :

When Ash asked me about him, I did remember things from our past. But again... it's a part of my past and it shouldn't affect my present and future. Since I have decided to move on, I shouldn't dwell in the past. I have shed enough tears over it and now I don't want to waste them on it again.

Next day Abhi asked me to show around the city and we travelled here and there. It brought back all those beautiful memories I made in this city. I took him to our farmhouse and he loved it. Though none of us lived there, it was maintained neatly as my brother had appointed someone to look after it. We started our journey back to Mysore at night as the traffic will be less during that time. It was early in the morning when we reached Mysore. I asked driver uncle to drop Abhi at his place before he went back.