Confusions and Confessions

Ved's POV :

The moment I got to know she is still in search of her true love, I felt like the happiest person alive on earth. That clearly meant I don't have to worry about having rivals and my pathway to her heart is absolutely traffic free. I decided to confess my feelings for her tomorrow after celebrating her birthday in camp. Once we reached our room, I asked Yash and Arnav to help me with the arrangements. So we consulted the resort manager and all necessary things were arranged. By tomorrow everything will be ready and I will finally pour my heart out to her. Idea of sleep didn't reach my eyes and I was tossing and turning in my bed thinking about tomorrow.

Since I couldn't sleep even after multiple attempts, I thought of going for a walk or something to calm my nerves. But once I stepped out I saw her sitting outside her cottage. A book was resting on her lap and her gaze was fixed on the burning fire, she was busy thinking. I approached her and asked to accompany for a walk. She agreed and we started off.

It was a moonlit night and the walk through stone path leading to lake was a refreshing experience. A lush green coffee plantation covered with mist and the blossoming coffee flowers and a night walk with the girl I am in love with... I was literally on cloud nine. But she was unusually silent today, unlike her bubbling self.

Someone had to initiate a conversation, so I decided to take up the responsibility. Every question of mine received a blunt reply. We were almost nearing the lake and she talked about the plot of the novel she was reading. I thought it was a casual topic so I suggested that the female lead should take up the opportunity and confess. I know confessing to crush isn't such an easy task. My own confident ass is still struggling to do it since a long time. Still, I believed one should always try to confess their emotions to other person, else the end result will be nothing but regret.
I thought we will have a general talk over the topic. But her mood looked completely disturbed after she heard my words. She stopped walking and I did too. Then she started confronting me like I had committed some grave mistake. With each words she moved forward and unknowingly I moved back, to the point where my back touched a silver tree. She was still not done with the accusations.

I was shocked when she banged her hand on the tree and asked me something that I never really expected.... Instead of speaking about the female lead she asked how could she confess when she came to know that I am already committed. Now I realized the gravity of the situation...
My innocent Jaanvi misunderstood my words during the game and decided that I already have someone in my life. But what made me happy is that she had feelings for me and she's been crushing over me all these while. The feeling that you experience when you realize that you are your crush's crush is something unexplainable. I thanked every possible gods I could remember at that time.

She asked if she should still confess to me or not. I nodded as an answer and gave her the broadest possible smile. But the confident Jaanvi who stood in front of me was quivering now. I could sense her grip on tree loosing every second and our closeness was bothering her too much.

I so badly wanted to kiss those trembling lips of hers and I didn't hold back myself. I moved closer to her lips and I could feel her moving towards me. Finally my lips landed on hers and I never wanted to move away from her lips. We continued the kiss till our lungs couldn't cooperate further. It was a heavenly experience for me to share my first kiss with my first love.

When she was back to her senses, she said she liked me.
"Like'... are u serious Jaanvi?
We kissed seconds ago and you still say 'like'?"
I raised a brow and she managed to blabber she loves me, that too for a long time now. The happiness I'm experiencing at this moment is something I never experienced till date.
"Fine. I love you too"
was my reply.
I think she was expecting me to reject her. So all she said was 'okay'. The next moment she realized my answer was "I love you too" and not "I am sorry".
She was still not sure of the response she received and questioned me multiple times to confirm if she is the one I loved or not. I was having fun because of her confusion and I decided to play along.
But when I saw her tears I felt bad about myself. I'm really a dumb man to make her cry especially when she is mine. So I hugged her tight. She was still cursing me for playing with her feelings.