Congratulations to the new couple

Jaanvi's POV :

Dev uncle and Shaantala aunty visited our home along with Vedanth on 21st. Unlike the awkward meeting in Mangalore, this one went quiet smoothly. Shaanthala aunty is really a great company to be with. We both talked about many things this time and we enjoyed each other's company. Both the families decided to set the engagement on 10th of June. Since it's still March, we had a good 2 months for all the preparation.

Once the date was fixed the saga of preparation finally began. From preparing the guest list to shopping, everything was planned well and things started to move according to the plan. Since engagement should occur at bride's place, majority of the preparation was done by my brother's in laws. We decided to keep the ceremony more intimate, so only the close relatives and family friends were invited.

My entire family went out for shopping and my fashionista bestie Ash didn't miss this important occasion. An entire day was consumed by cloth and jewelry shopping. By the end of the day everyone was famished. Bride and groom had their own exclusive shopping date for the outfits and the engagement rings. We had to balance the work load and the preparation hand in hand.

Mom and Dad got busy with sending invitation and my brothers invited their close friends too. From my circle of friends it was only Ash, Arnav and Abhi to attend the ceremony. We left to Mangalore three days prior to the day of ceremony so we could relax a bit and also help them in arrangements.

Ved's POV :

After fixing the date of engagement preparation were planned neatly. I had to travel back and forth sometimes to balance work and arrangements. We decided to go with Ocean Pearl as the venue for engagement since we only had important guests for the day. Only some close relatives and friends were invited by all of us.

With all the cloths, jewels, gifts and stuff, shopping went up to a week. Dad and I alternatively joined them as we had work in-between the preparations. Yash and Arnav reached a week before the day of ceremony and started helping me with the arrangements.

We did a checklist for everything and finally we were almost done with all the preps. Anu couldn't join me in the celebration as she was busy with her family issues. Though the process of arranging was tiresome, I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent on making my sister's day special. Finally on the D-day everything was set.

Jaanvi's POV:

We stayed in the same hotel where the engagement was held, as it was more convenient for all of us. Most of our guests stayed with us in the same hotel. Since we arrived early we got enough time to rest and the hotel spa and wellness center provided good service to all our tired souls.

Dev uncle and Vedanth came to meet my family and discuss about the arrangements and things. Everything was moving according to the plan. We both finally learnt to tolerate each other's presence and started talking like normal human beings.

Finally it was the day of celebration. As groom's sister, I had to put in extra efforts to look good. I put on my maroon lehenga with all the jewelry and the stylist for our family helped me with the hair and makeup. Ash wore a peach and golden lehenga with a simple hairdo.

My cousin brothers Amay and Ajay looked dapper with their navy blue indo-western outfits. Mom and Chikki opted silk sarees while Dad, Chikku and my Grandpopz went for Jodhpuri suits. Avi Anna and Krithi Attige picked a pastel color coordinated outfit.

Dev uncle was in a Jodhpuri suit like Dad and Shaanthala aunty was wearing a zari silk saree. Vedanth was busy moving around with his burgundy sherwani. The decorations along with the outfits made the place look very vibrant.