His birthday, Her celebration

Ved's POV :

Even during our busy time we made time for each other. Our finals would begin from April and continue till May. She had her practical exams in the first week of May. Meetings became rare and messaging sessions became shorter. Sometimes she would miss me too much and call me at midnight and I had to comfort her.

Since my CAT results were out, I had to choose my college and I thought of joining NITK Surathkal and I asked Arnav. He was okay with it. So both of us finalized our college and proceeded with the admission process. Exams finally came to an end and it was already time for vacations. Everything was fine until I got to know she is leaving for home for vacation...

I was sad..... NO, very very sad. It was supposed to be my first birthday with her. But her brothers had to destroy it. How can they do this to their future brother in law?? I could have dropped her home on my own if needed.
Worst part is that, I couldn't even hear her voice at night. I was beyond upset now. I guess I’m having another boring birthday this year. Forget it..... I will go somewhere with Yash and Arnav. Thank god those idiots stayed with me last night.

They barged into my room after 12 with a cake, half of which was on my face after some time. This has become a tradition now, so I accepted the cake smash without any issues and some tissues.
  "So you have any plans? If you guys are free then we can go out or something? "
I asked them. I really don't want to stay at home on my birthday.
  "Sorry yaar Ved, I need to visit Dad's company tomorrow. So I’ll be busy for the whole day"
Yash replied.
  "I’m planning to go to college Ved. My library books are due."
Arnav ditched too.
What kind of best friends do I have… Both are useless at times of need.
  "Fine get lost wherever you feel like"
I was pissed, so I went back to sleep and both of them left to the guest room.

It was already 9 when I woke up and I went to freshen up. Since I was staying home, I didn't bother changing into fancy clothes. Yash and Arnav were missing when I checked the guest room, so I guessed they already left. I went downstairs for breakfast, Mom and Dad wished me with a yummy cake and I cut it and fed them.
Moral of the story: In this constantly changing world, only parents love remains constant.

I went back to my room to check my phone. There was a message from her and she was online.
  "Woke up birthday boy? "
I replied "Ha" and our chat continued.
  "So, what is he doing? "
  "Sulking on his birthday since his girlfriend decided to ditch him"
I was actually doing the same thing.
  "Aww my poor baby"
  "You don't baby me now... I really miss you too much Jaan. I badly wanted to celebrate this day with you and look at you enjoying with your family in Bangalore"
I was tapping my phone keyboard with utmost frustration.
  "Should I make my boyfie happy now? "
  "How is that possible you are not here na? Face times can’t compensate your presence"
  "I can still do something if you want me to. Wanna see my super powers? "
  As if she would be here with her teleportation skills. Tchhh
  "Whatever "
I added bored expression emoji.
  "Stop sulking in those bed cloths and go check your wardrobe "
  "What's in my wardrobe? I bet you can't be hiding there"
  "Check it na Ved"
I followed her commands and went to check my wardrobe. There was a gift box with a note
'For my grumpy birthday boy from his cute girlfriend'
  Who could have placed it here???
  She never came home though?
  Of course she would have asked those idiots.
I opened it and there was a plain black hoodie with a heartbeat symbol in red at the center and a blue ripped jeans.
I liked it.
I sent a, "Thanks for the clothes " message
  "Wear it like a good boy and check the last compartment of your bedside table "
Came the reply.
  "What for? "
  "Follow my orders and don't question back"
was the reply. How can I ignore her commands? I wonder how can she control me so well even after staying so far from me.