Smitten like a kitten

Author's POV:

2 and a half months passed within no time and the semester exams were announced soon. Atmosphere of St. Theresa became a bit serious as days passed. Both Jaanvi and Ved were busy with preparations and hardly met each other. Both had a fair share of missing each other’s company and they were eagerly waiting to finish up the exams. Finally after a month, their exams marathon came to an end.

On the last day of exams, Jaanvi finally thought of meeting him after exams but soon after she came out of the hall her brother called her to inform that he will be picking up her from the hostel and they would be leaving for Bangalore.

She couldn't even get a chance to meet him and inform that she is leaving and the tragedy was that, she still didn't dare to ask his phone number or social media ids. She went back to hostel and packed her bags, bid her goodbyes to Piya and left with her brother.

Ved on the other hand was waiting for her to finish her exams but he couldn't find her anywhere after the exam. He heard his classmate Nishta speaking about Jaanvi's departure to Bangalore through phone call. His happiness vanished to thin air and he came back home with his gloomy mood. He decided to keep himself busy for the next 15 days with all the company related works. By the end of the day he drifted to dreamland with her thoughts.

Jaanvi received a warm welcome at home and every family member was busy pampering their princess. She visited Ash and her best friend took no time to guess the sadness hidden behind the broad smile. Ash glared at her love sick best friend for maintaining her crush story as a secret till then, after which comforted the teary eyed girl with some soft words. Ash knew how strong Jaanvi's feelings were for Ved. This was the first time she witnessed her friend talking about a boy and the way she spoke about him was enough to prove that Jaanvi really liked Ved more than a mere crush. She just wished her best friend to have a loving partner and if any day he broke her heart, Ash wouldn't think twice before breaking his nose. Jaanvi was really lucky to have such caring friend in her life.

Jaanvi's POV:

15 days with family was really a much needed vacation. But still my heart yearned for someone I left behind in Mangalore. Mom and Dad made sure I enjoyed the stay at home and Avi Anna returned home to spend time with me. We all visited my paternal grandpa staying in Mysore.

My Grandpopz, Ramachandra Avasthi .... A person who loves me more than anything in this world. In fact he's the one who named me Jaanvi. I'm the only girl child of in our family and so as expected I’m the most pampered kid of the family. My Grandpopz  lives with my Dad's younger brother's family in Mysore. Ananth and Malvika, my chikku and chikki treats me like their own daughter. My cousin brothers Amay and Ajay are my partners in crime since childhood. So all in all I have beautiful family that half of my class was jealous of.

Our family was initially based in Mysore. My Grandfather was a renowned businessman during his days. But my grandma's death caused a drastic health upset to him. My dad being the eldest son had to take care of business and along with Ananth chikku, he managed to bring back the Avasthi's lost charms in the business field.
Due to the business commitments Mom and Dad decided to shift to Bangalore with us. But distance never caused drift in the family and even today, the smallest celebrations in Avasthi family will be the reunion of entire family. I really feel blessed to have such a loving family.

1 week of stay at Mysore was full of long drives, night outs, movie marathons and unlimited gossiping with mouth watering food. Amay Anna just finished his graduation and would return to Bangalore with us since he is training in our Bangalore branch with my Dad. Ajay was still in his first year BE in IT. After a week long fun, I came back home with my family and I had only 3 days left for the new semester. I decided to travel on my own with Ash, though my brothers insisted dropping me off. So after a lot of discussions, everyone decided to drop me to the railway station and I met Ash there. We boarded the train at 7.10 in the morning and after a long journey, we reached Mangalore by 5 in the evening. Ash asked her cousin to pick us from the station and I had a sleepover at her place.