Chapter 36: Chasing My Happy Ending

I'm lost. I don't know what can I do to make this better, it feels like this is the end of the road and I can't go back anymore.

He's leaving, everyone is. So how can I make it right then? I've already hurted him so much and I don't want to hurt him anymore but leaving things the way I did is still 'causing him pain but, what if leaving things this way is the lesser of two evils?

I reach for my phone and stare at it for a long time, as my heart and mind debates over what should I do. Finally, I decided to take a chance.

I dialed Zayn's number with shaking fingers and wait for him answer. I bit my nails out of desperation.

A part of me is yearning to hear his sweet voice but the other part is afraid.

It just keeps ringing. Twice. Thrice.

I'm too late

It's funny that after all I've put him through, I'm still hoping that he'll be able to bear listening to me or even love me.

My phone vibrated. I look at its screen hoping that it was Zayn

Few people get to experience true love, and some of them just throw it away.

           Don't be one of them. Happy endings are earned not wished.

                                      Plane leaves at 9:45 am.

                                                                                          -Harry-

Only few people. True love. Happy endings. Earned. Plane leaves.

I look up at the wall clock. 9:30.

I stand up immediately ran down the stairs leaving everything behind me.

What if it's not too late to make it right? Harry believes it. So, should I? There's only thing I'm sure of now; I have to say something to Zayn.

I went straight to the door then I remember that the car keys are on the kitchen counter.

I go back to the kitchen quickly

"Keys, Car keys, Car keys, Car keys. Where are you?" I flip over the letters and paper but still no car keys.

I am quivering as I clear the whole counter, still no car keys.

Maybe Jill forgot

"Jill! Jill! Jill! Where are you?” My voice comes out shaky as I dash back and forth on the whole house.

I go back upstairs hoping she still in her room. I kick open her door. Empty.

She's gone I thought. Then that's when I saw her at the window, she's driving my car. She's leaving.

"Jill stop! No! Jill.." I shout but she doesn't seem to hear me.

I race down the stairs, almost stumbling down. I don't care what I have to do but I just have to see Zayn. I just have to.

Almost at the door

"Jill stop! Please!" I shout as loud as I could but she's now racing away "Ji-"

"Kaleen wait!"

I know that voice.

My stomach drops and I am frozen as I see him run after the car

"Wait! Stop! Stop!" he keeps on shouting "Kaleen!"

I hold on to the door hinge to keep from falling. He's here. He's still here.

I walk out of the house every slow step excruciating as I need him more and more.

I find him fallen down on the road like an angel in pain. His face is burrowed at his knees.

It hurts so much to see him like this but I think, I could finally end it.

I walk quietly towards him and stop when I'm about a few feet away, still afraid of breaking him

"Zayn.." I call out in a low but audible voice

He looks up. His eyes widen in surprise at the sight of me, he stands up immediately wiping his tears at the same time.

"But-.. Your car-.. I thoug-ht you w-were..." he stutters

"I'm here"

"I want t-"

"Shhh.." I gently stop him still not closing the distance between us

He looks at me with so much intensity that my mind went blank and all I wanna do is close the distance between us.

"I saw it.." I bit my lip

A little smile spreads on his lips

"I know everything and... I'm still leaving for Paris..."

His smile fades and he looks at me with questioning eyes.

I smile a little at him.

"... But I think my heart prefers to go to New York with you"

Relief floods his face and with just one stride he closes the distance between us and I find myself in his warm embrace

"I love you" I whisper

"I never thought I'd see the day" he whispers back

We chuckle at the same time then pulled out of the embrace.

He cups my face in his hands and looks at me straight in the eye with those warm brown eyes.

"I love you too" he whispers

I feel my phone vibrates on my pocket. I took it out and answer it immediately

"You deserve a happy ending too" she says

A smile plays across my lips "Can I have my car back?"

Jill laughs on the other line "I'm sorry, I'll just leave it over at Harry's..." I imagine her with a wide grin on her face "... I think I'm going to New York"

Finally! At least I'm assured now that Harry and Jill are at good hands.

"Thank you Jill. Love you"

"Love you too Kaleen" she sang before ending the call.

I turn back to Zayn. One of his hands is at my waist, pushing me closer to him. I run my hand through his hair then grin back at him

"Where are we?" I whisper

He smiles widely before answering "I believe here..."

His free hand goes up to my cheek then down to my chin as he tilts my head up. My arm wraps itself around him. He closes the distance between our face then, our lips met at the exact time.

It feels so right. Everything feels so right. His lips on mine. My fingers entangling in his hair. His gentle touch on my waist. My body press against his.

I completely forget everything; every tear that dropped, every doubt, every suffering. This was worth it, he was worth it.

Our lips parted and he traps me in his hug again before letting me go except for my hand that held his.

"Still leaving?"

He pretends to be thinking, making me grin widely

"New York can wait..." he grins "... You?"

I bit my lip "Paris' just a few hours away besides, there's no place I'd rather be tonight than in London"

I look up at him and find myself looking directly at his eyes which were looking back at me with love. We read everything behind them and they convey the same message.

I wanna spend every single day loving you.

_____

Finally! I hope all you readers out there like's the story. :) I'm making a new one and I'll upload it soon :) Watch out for the Epilogue :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYONE!!! Xxxx