Chapter 31: Why Now?

"Happy Birthday Alex!" we all shout loudly

She's completely surprise and awed at the unexpected party we organize for her

"Aw... You guys are so sweet! You did this all for me?" she asks almost teary eyed

Louis, who was hugging her from behind, chuckle before answering "Of course love, anything for the sweetest and prettiest girl in the world"

Alex smile sweetly at him before planting a kiss on his lips.

"Ahem...” Harry clears his throat, stopping the kiss Alex and Louis is sharing "... You might be forgetting mate, we still have a party to celebrate"

I squeeze Harry's hand making him look at me "Haz! Let them do what they want" I whisper

He chuckle loudly, his deep voice surfacing the cold night "If I did that love, we'd spend the whole night watching them make out"

Alex grows red as she stares at Harry

"You're just jealous mate!" Louis teases giving Harry a playful punch in the shoulder

"Why would I be? I got my own girl lad and we do that all the time" he winks at me then a sly smile spreads across his lips

I squeeze his hand in protest but he doesn't seem to notice it

"I still say you're jealous mate...” Louis continues to tease him

"Absolutely not!" he replies

"Hey guys!.." Jill interrupts them "... We're suppose to be celebrating a party, not a kissing contest. Party! remember?"

We all look at her then laugh. It was only then did I notice Zayn, he was standing beside Jill with his eyes glued on the ground. He must thinking about something.

"Okay! Party time!" Niall shouts as he makes his way through the balloon filled dance floor in the middle of the little garden.

Almost everyone followed his lead but some, like Harry and I, opted to just sit.

"Haz?" I place my hand above his making him look at me

"Yeah?" 

"Are you really alright? I mean, you look really worried a while ago"

He clutches my hand in his and smile "I already told you, I'm fine"

I sigh "Fine!"

He chuckles 

"What?" I ask him

"Nothing, you're just so damn cute when you're worried and you should have seen your face a while ago"

I pull my hand and cross it in my chest "I'm worried about you and now you're just making fun of me!"

He laughs again loudly, his green eyes now filled with delight. I now finally felt at ease upon seeing that he really is okay.

"It's not like that love...” he leans in and put his hand under my chin "... I'm just happy that you're worried about me"

I got lost at that but still I don't give in

".. I feel like now, I do have the chance to finally replace him in your life and if not at least I can say that I didn't fought a losing battle"

My heart melts and I place my hand in the sides of his face "Harry, I love you. I may not love you now like I love him but still that doesn't change the fact that I do love you and that I want you to be always safe and happy"

He place his hand above mine and closes his eyes "That's enough for me"

I really didn't deserve him. I mean what did I do that someone like Harry loves me? He's everything a girl could want and I bet he can have any girl he likes but why me? All I do is hurt him and yet, he stays beside me and even tells me that he loves me.