Chapter 2: Thank God There's Hollister

I woke up really pissed this morning. Whenever I remember what happened at the dressing room yesterday I can't help but be in a bad mood.

I was sitting at the bar stool by the kitchen counter facing Jill as she cooks our breakfast.

Jill and I rented our own apartment here in Manchester. It's not that big but it's not small either. We've been living here for almost a year now, working as models.

"Hey!..." Jill says looking at me as she flip eggs "....  why the sullen face?"

I looked at her with my chin resting on my palm "I just remembered what happened again yesterday"

She sighed "Why don't you just forget about it?"

"How can I forget about it?! When he didn't even bother apologizing sincerely to me?" 

I rolled my eyes and Jill just laughs at me

"You're so furious with Zayn" she says

"Why wouldn't I be? I have every reason to be mad at him... He's so... Arrogant" I said

"... but you like him before?" she says while putting a plate with eggs and bacon in front of me

I gave her a cold stare "I was 16 back then! And I don't even know what they're like. My teenage hormones are ruling me back then..."

".... but you like him, right?"

I shook my head "A capital N-O! How could I like someone so.... so... He's such a Jerk!"

"Hey! Hey!... Calm down" Jill laughs and sits at the bar stool beside me.

I shoved a piece of bacon in my mouth and chewed it noisily

"But, What about Harry? He seems nice but, why did you ignore him? That's Harry Styles for heaven sake!"

I rolled my eyes at her "He's nice but, I just don't wanna have any connection with them...."

Jill laughs again "You're really are pissed, aren't you?"

I rested my chin in my palm "Isn't it obvious? It's completely ruining my day. So, can we stop talking about them already?"

Jill sighed before asking another question

"So, What are we supposed to do today?"

"Nothing.." I replied poking the eggs on my plate "... I'm gonna be waiting for a call from my mother and try to stop her from going here"

Jill sighed again "When are you gonna tell your mother that you really don't have a steady job here?"

I looked at here "I'll be committing suicide if I told her besides, I do have a job"

"... but what she knows is that you're doing an office job and modeling is just an extra job"

"If she finds out, she'll make me go back there and I wouldn't be able to have many opportunities there. I may be stubborn but, I’m just doing this 'cause this is what I want" I explained

"Fine." 

Jill stood up and puts her plate in the sink. She stood opposite of me by the counter, watching me eat my breakfast.

My phone began ringing and I answered it immediately

"Hey mom!" I greeted

"Hey baby! How are you?" she asks

"... Still the same. How about you? Dad?"

"We're fine. So, How's work?"

I bit my lip then, looked at Jill. She shook her head. I mouthed an "I'm sorry" at her

"It's fine. We're kinda busy and everything. So, why did you call?"

My mom went silent for a split second before answering

"I was wondering if you could go back here for your birthday?" she asks

Honestly, I hate lying to my mom but, if she finds out that I went all the way here to UK just so I could pursue my dream of being a  model, she'd get mad at me and make me go back there.

It's almost been a year now and she still doesn't know that my main job here is modeling.

And if she went here or If I go back there they'd give me every reason to stay or go back in the Philippines. So, I'd do anything for them to not find out and to not go back in the Philippines.

"Um-... Mom" I bit my lip while my hand fidgeted 

Jill walks towards me and sat beside me patting my back

I gave her a weak smile

"... I'm sorry but I can't... Um-.. We... have..Um- a job?"

"What job?" she asks

"Um-... At the modeling agency, my part-time job.."

"I mean what kind of job?" she asks again

I look confused at Jill. I was panicking. What the hell am I suppose to say?

Jill started panicking too.

"Um-... Ah.. A modeling job?" I replied

Jill seemed to understand then, she nodded and got a pad of sticky notes. She began scribbling on them

"For what? A magazine" she asks further more

"Um-... N-No?"

Jill smiled and showed me what she scribbled on the post it:

                                                       I talked to the agency yesterday and they have a

                                                   job for you. It's for Hollister and I accepted it for you. :D

I sighed then, reply immediately to my mother's question "It's for Hollister! A clothing brand"

She sighed "Okay, fine. I'll just call you again next week maybe, then your free"

"Okay. I love you mom" I said before putting the phone down

"That was close" Jill says grinning

"Is the Hollister job true?" I ask her 

She chuckled then nodded

"Really? Wha- How did that happen?!" I ask her confused

She giggled again "I forgot to tell you this morning but, the agency called last night and they said that Hollister wants you"

"Me? Why me?" 

"I don't know.... just be thankful that at least you have a job"

I rested my head in the counter "Fine! Thank God there's Hollister!"