Chapter 24: Dejected Goodbyes

Chapter 24

I opened my eyes which were swollen and it kinda felt a little painful with all the eye rubbing I've done last night. My head feels light so I kept it rested on his chest. 

He kept stroking my arm making me calm. I looked up and saw Harry's smiling face at me

"Goodmorning love" he said.

I tried smiling back at him for my cheeks felt like all that's ever gone through it are tears.

Harry really did stay with me all night. I already told him last night that I'll be alright but he insisted on staying with me.

His arms felt comforting around me though I'm not sure that this was really right, I mean I wouldn't want to take advantage of Harry just 'cause I know that he loves me and that he's always got my back but I know this hurts him everytime he sees me crying or even losing focus because of Zayn.

I sighed then sat upright, rubbing my eyes and looking around my room. It seemed tidier than the last time I saw it, someone must've clean it for me.

I looked back at Harry, who was still resting his back at my bed's headboard. His head was thrownback against the wall and his tired eyes are focused on me, he must've stayed up all night watching over me.

"You cleaned my room?" I asked him.

He chuckled then nodded "We might get lost in your jungle room."

I smiled and punched him playfully on the arm "Jill?"

"She already left for breakfast.."

"With... Z-"

"With him" he said, cutting me off.

It ached a little to know that nothing good has come from all my crying last night, he's still with her and I'm still broken.

"Anyway, I've already ordered breakfast and fixed your bags for you" he moved closer to me and beamed widely.

"Oh! I almost forgot we're leaving The Bahamas after lunch today." he added. 

Does that mean that the pain will go away? I'm sure not, pain will always be inside of me for I'll always love him.

"Harry?" my voice cracked.

He looked at me sideways, his eyes staring right back at me."Why did you tell them that I'm your girl?" I asked him.

Harry smiled a little at me "I told you I got your back, didn't I?"

"What? I don't understand..." I asked him in confusion.

"I know very well that Zayn likes you but,... I think he just doesn't know it. I mean maybe he knows it but he's just in denial..."

It kinda hurt hearing that again, it felt like he's just saying that to make me feel better.

".. And?"

"By showing him what he's missing, it might probably force him to be vocal or clear with his feelings for you"

"No Harry..." I placed my hands on the sides of his face "... I know this is gonna hurt you, I don't want you to hurt yourself just because of me"

He placed his hand above mine and smiled "Don't worry I'm okay and besides I can get something from this..."

I looked at him questioningly, He grinned "At least I get the chance to be your boyfriend and what do we know, maybe you'll like me in the process"

I smiled painfully at him "But Harry I-"

"Your not doing this only for yourself, you're also be doing this for me... Trust me Kaleen"