Chapter 12: A Deal

Chapter 12

I can't sleep this night and I don't know why. I've been tossing and turning in my bed for almost an hour now and I'm still wide a wake.

I finally gave up and sat at the edge of my bed. It's already 9pm .I look at my side and found Jill already asleep.

I stood up and decided to go to the little balcony of our room. I walk in the dark and almost tripped at something. I lean down to pick up whatever it is.

My hand landed on a magazine. Where did this come from?

I decided to take it outside with me. I dragged an ottoman outside and settled in.

The night was perfect you can clearly see the stars and moon for there's not a cloud in sight. The cold sea breeze swept my hair away from my face like it does with the sea water, creating gentle rolling waves that both soothes my eyes and ears.

I flip through the magazine then my fingers froze in a certain page.

It was our picture. The Hollister shot. I can't help it but smile at the shot.

My fingers trace our outlines. It's Zayn and Kaleen. My heart faltered. No it's Zayn and Jill! Not Zayn and Kaleen.

I stop in mid-thought. Why am I even thinking of this?

I stared at the picture. My mind started shouting at me

Zayn Zayn Zayn Zayn!

I shook my head as if to remove the thought from my mind but the harder I try to fought off the more stronger it became

His eyes. His lips. His face filled my mind. I groaned

"Airhead!" I shouted at the picture throwing it away.

I heard a low chuckle from nowhere then the scent of smoke hits my nose. It froze me in place.

I stood up and lean in the balcony's railings, turning my head side to side then I found him there, standing at the balcony next to ours with a huge grin on his almost perfect face.

"You even call me names in the middle of the night" he shouted with a chuckle

Did he saw me? Surely not 'cause if he did he wouldn't call me out 'cause that would be awkward for him

I tried to grin as if nothing unusual was running through my mind

"How sure are you that it were you?"

He smirk "I'm pretty sure it was me since, I'm the only person you've been calling an airhead recently"

We both laugh

"Is Jill awake?" he asks

My heart faltered a little. It wasn't suppose to do that

I shook my head "Harry?"

He shook his head

"Can't sleep?" I ask him

He nodded with a wide smile

We fell silent for a while.

"Hey Shorty!" Zayn called out

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go for a walk? Maybe at the cabin." 

My hand fidgeted. I know very well that I wanted to go but I'm not sure if that's right thing to do.

"Um-.. Sure, wait for me"

I drag the ottoman back to place and put on a white long sleeve see-through over my black sphagetti top and went out of our room silently.