Chapter 4: Pack Your Bags

Chapter 4

"Hey! You’re up early. What's up?" Jill says as she enters the kitchen

"It's nothing, I just woke up earlier than usual and I can't go back to sleep anymore so I just decided to cook breakfast..." I smiled at her as I stirred a bowl of scrambled eggs

Jill just nodded then got 2 cups from the kitchen cabinet. She begins making coffee.

"So....How's the mother situation?" she asks

I poured the eggs on the frying pan before answering her

"It's getting harder and harder to keep a secret from my family. It's like they keep checking on me every minute"

Jill hands me a cup of coffee then, sits at the bar stool by the kitchen counter.

"What are you planning to do?"

I took a sip from my coffee "I'm definitely not telling them now. I've manage to keep it a secret from them for almost a year now and I need one more year before finally telling them"

"So what are you gonna do? You just can't keep lying and lying"

I sighed "I know that and I'm still thinking of a better plan than cutting all the of our telephone lines or moving to an isolated part of London. Got any ideas?"

Jill laughs "I got nothing unless you're up for marrying some rich dude out there"

"What?!..." I laugh with her "... You are crazy!"

"Hey! my idea's a lot better than yours"

I chuckled while shaking my head "Fine! But just for the sake of avoiding another mindless argument with you"

She punches me playfully in the shoulder while grinning.

"Speaking of marrying some dude, what’s the score between you and Harry?" she asks

I look at her sideways then, gave her a disbelief expression

"What? I'm just asking..." she says

"Nothing! I barely know the guy and besides I've only met him twice"

"But he looks interested in you an-"

I cut Jill off with an icy look and she raises both of her hands as a sign of surrender

"Anyway, What's with Harry and marriage?" I ask her, surprise at what I just realize

Jill just grins at me

It's kinda weird that Jill would think of it that way. It's not like Harry and I have known each other for a long time, in fact we just met the other day. What did she saw that made her think that way? I'm really curious now.

I sighed "Fine! You can talk.."

She chuckled before answering "It's the way he looks at you.. It's like he's so fascinated and interested with you.."

I look at her puzzled so she explains further more 

"... Remember the apple and cashew tart we're looking at the other day"

I nodded at her "You keep going and going back at the display stand and it's like you're drooling over it...."

We both laugh

"I'm totally not drooling!" Jill defended

"You so are...." I tease her

"No, I'm not! and by the way, we're talking about your love entanglement with Harry.."