Chapter 27

There was only one thing Wooyoung guessed about what happened to Soojin a few days ago. He witnessed her having the same symptoms whenever his episodes occurred—difficulty breathing, trembling, sweating, and nausea. She had a panic attack.

He assumed it was because she had been locked in the bathroom for so long. What could possibly happen to her that made her feel that traumatized being sealed in a place?

As soon as Sungjae got there not long after their call, he couldn't ask him what was happening to her as Sungjae was in his big brother mode, and he could not be disturbed taking care of Soojin.

He never saw Soojin since then. It was finals week, but she was nowhere to be found. He tried going to her apartment, but it was empty as if no one had come back there since their date.

"It's Friday already." San muttered, looking at Wooyoung and Hwayoung. It was lunchtime, and the three decided to eat together in their school's cafeteria. "Do you guys have any plans for the weekend?" He asked while munching.

Wooyoung shook his head while taking a bite of his chicken drumstick. San turned to his girlfriend, expecting to remember something. Wooyoung silently snickered, shaking his head.

"Isn't it your birthday on Sunday, Sannie?" Hwayoung smiled, clearly getting what his face meant. "Do you have plans?" He asked the two boys.

San shyly nodded, containing his smile. "My parents asked me to go home tomorrow."

"Oh." Hwayoung retorted, dropping her shoulders. Wooyoung noticed the change in her expression, so he suggested something.

"I would like to come with you and see your parents, but I have important plans tomorrow. I'm just free on Sunday." He glanced at his sister and pointed at San using his head. "Why don't you go with him, Noona? You're free anyway. I'll cover your shift."

He could also use tomorrow's time to discover what's happening with Soojin. He was supposed to confess to her if none of the bathroom fiaschi occurred.

He only had one more exam today, so after he finished it, he sent a message to Sungjae.

Jung Wooyoung:
Hello, Sungjae-ssi. Are you free today?

Not long after he sent his message, he replied.

Yook Sungjae:
I expected you to contact me sooner,
Wooyoung-ssi.
Yeah, I'm in the office right now.
Can you meet me at the nearby cafe?

Jung Wooyoung:
Be there in 15.

Wooyoung arrived at the cafe sooner than he thought. He ordered two iced americanos and contacted Sungjae to that he was there already.

While waiting, Wooyoung's anxiety gradually increased. Did something happen to her? Is she sick? Why did Sungjae act like that? What is happening? Those questions ran through his mind repeatedly until the assistant arrived.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I had to finish up something." He softly smiled as he sat across from Wooyoung. "Did you order?"

Wooyoung stood up and bowed. "Ah, yes, Sungjae-ssi. I ordered iced americano for you."

Sungjae chuckled and motioned him to sit down. "Don't be so formal. You can call me Hyung."

Wooyoung sheepishly smiled in retort as he sat down and started to play with his fingers.