Chapter 15

"That's should do it." He sighed in contentment as he threw himself back on the couch.

Soojin was just as confused as ever. She doesn't know what is going on. They're both naked on the couch. Not one of them talked to each other for a couple of minutes, then Wooyoung suddenly took off his shirt after complaining that it was hot when it's actually not.

Is it because of the alcohol?

"Yah, Park Soojin." He called, breaking the deafening silence. "Why do you like me?"

"So suddenly?" She asked, taking a glance at him.

"I just can't believe it." He walked towards the fireplace, pulling up his hands near the glass. "And, you even have that guy from last time. So I doubt it's true?" He secretly peeked at her and quickly looked up before Soojin faced him.

"What guy?" She asked.

He rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. "That Boom guy."

"You mean, Choi Beomgyu?" She asked as her brows creased. "He's just an acquaintance."

"It didn't really feel that way. He even knows your dog, and he said he missed him. Does he frequent here before?"

"Yeah, we did a project a year ago. But I could never like him."

"Why not? You seem like the type of person to value appearance." He scoffed as he crossed his hands over his chest.

"Not really. He's cute, but he's too crazy."

If she were the type of person who values appearances, she would've gone for Yeonjun since way back then.

You can't blame Wooyoung for thinking like that, though; she basically always said that he was beautiful. That's why she fell for him.

"But why do you sound like you're angry?" She asked, letting out a little chuckle.

"I'm not jealous. How the hell am I jealous? Ridiculous. I just asked why you like me." He vigorously denied as his eyes were looking everywhere but hers.

"I didn't say that you were jealous, but okay." She shrugged. The corners of her mouth slightly went upward. He definitely is. "It's just that you're beautiful." She nonchalantly exclaimed, looking at him innocently.

He scoffed walked towards her, wobbling in the process. "Is that it? Just beautiful? Why not be handsome? It should be sexy. Can't you see?" He slurred, trying to open his half-closed eyes. He leaned back at the wall and turned his head on the side as if he was trying to do a pose. He staggered but caught himself before falling and turned back to face her. "See? Sexy. Get your facts straight."

There's that feeling again. That unexplainable emotion she felt last time in the bathroom. It's only the second time that happened to her.

Why does this guy look so attractive just by doing his bare minimum?

"I don't really understand the definition of the word sexy." She retorted after clearing her throat.

"Are you dumb?"

"In some aspects, yes." Wooyoung was joking, but she innocently confessed. "I don't know how emotions work sometimes." She added, looking down at her fingers.

He hummed while furrowing his brows. "Now that you mentioned it." He took a step closer at her face and examined it. She backed her head a little bit and looked away when she felt his breath. "You seemed strange sometimes—no, most of the time. I still don't understand you."

She gulped and placed her hands at his chest to try and push him back, but he wouldn't budge. "Uh, you're a little too close." She murmured. This is weird. Her heart was beating so fast.

"Now, you look nervous." He whispered, a smirk growing on his lips. "Is this making you nervous?"

"Um..."

"I thought you like me?"

"I-I do." She stuttered, looking away. "I think."

He burst out laughing sarcastically as he backed away. "You think. So you're not sure." He asked as he looked up at her, his expression turning grim. "You're really wasting my time."

Her eyes widened, and she grabbed his wrist. "No, wait. Let me explain."

"Explain what, Park?" He asked, glaring at her.

"Why I'm not sure." She sighed, debating if she wanted to tell him. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and groaned in frustration. She shut her eyes and started speaking. "I-I have alexithymia."

"Uh, I'm not asking about your English name." She tried not to smile, but she couldn't resist it.

"Alexithymia, Woo. It's a rare personality trait. It means I can't and don't know how to distinguish certain emotions." She looked up and sighed when she saw his eyes half-closed. "I-I don't think we should talk about this while you're drunk. Please just take a rest; we'll continue this next time when you're sober."

He shook his head and stood straight, trying to make his eyes as open as ever. "Well, I'm already sobered up when you said you just think you like me." He furrowed his brows and stared back into her eyes. "So tell me the truth."

Soojin pursed her lips and took a deep breath. "Take a seat beside me." She smiled as she tapped the space on her right.

After Wooyoung followed her, she started telling her about her condition. When they first noticed it, her trip to the doctors and discovering more emotions as the time went by. Woo young surprisingly didn't say anything snarky but listened to her quietly. He asks questions if he doesn't understand and not even a hint of suspicion comes over him.

It all made sense for him.

"So the doctor said you're obsessing with me because I made you feel something new?"

"Obsessed is a strong word." She chuckled. "But yes."

"What made you this way?" He slowly asked, not looking away from her. He was really interested in this discovery. "Is it genetics?"

"I don't think so. My parents are normal." She shrugged, leaning back on the couch. "and I never really asked them because I didn't really care."

Wooyoung was quiet for a couple of minutes, and every second that passed by, Soojin was getting more and more anxious.

Does he believe her? Will he accept her? Will he understand her? Questions like those are going through her head right now. Maybe today wasn't a good time to tell him about it, or perhaps it is. She doesn't know.

"I'm sorry." He finally spoke after that silence.

Soojin quickly faced him and tilted her head in confusion. "Why?"

"I'm sorry because I've been rude to you." He confessed, looking down at his hands. "And thank you because you told me about this. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to tell me." He looked at her and gave her the most genuine smile she had ever seen from him.

"It's really not that hard. It's just nobody asked, so." She shrugged as she smiled slightly at him. "I'm not really ashamed of it because I know I'm trying my best to overcome it."

════════════════════════

A/N:

I'm so sorry for this short chapter! I'm so busy with SKZ's comeback and real-life, so my brain isn't working well. I promise I'll do better next time!
I haven't proofread this yet. I'm so sorry :(