Chapter 14

She's in such a dilemma. She wants him, but he clearly doesn't. Added now she got his answer, being the way he was (gay), she's having troubles if she wants to keep pursuing him or just to leave him alone.

She opened her browser and looked for help in Quora and Reddit, not directly, though. Soojin looked up existing questions similarly to her problems.

As she stumbled upon a thread about sexual attraction and orientation, a glimmer of hope emerged once she read about the topic.

She has an idea about it, but she was not educated enough in that matter. She wasn't exposed enough to know about these things, and being in a country that wasn't open and accepting didn't help either.

She mostly spent her week studying more about it; asking her therapist and assistant made her understand it but didn't exactly help her problem.

How could she make Wooyoung hers?

"Are you okay?" She looked up from her phone and saw her brother leaning on her car. "You look exhausted."

Soojin shook her head and walked towards him. "Where's Sungjae?" She asked as she locked her phone and shoved it in her pocket.

"Company. I'm actually meeting Yeonjun Hyung today." She rolled her eyes at her brother. Of course.

Jay was obsessed with Yeonjun. He's his role model, is what he always says. Soojin thinks otherwise. He's a big fanboy of her friend. If they could trade places, he would be happier with Yeonjun as his brother. He would always follow and cling to him when they were a child.

"So you aren't here to pick me up?" She quirked his brow at him and glanced at her parked vehicle. "But this is my car."

He shrugged and gave her a cheeky grin. "I'm borrowing it. Thanks."

"Then how am I going to go home?"

He rolled his eyes at her and crossed his arms over his chest. "Ugh, fine, you can come." A second later, his eyes sparkled, and he waved at someone on the back. "Hyung!"

Soojin turned around and saw Yeonjun jogging towards them with a box in his hands.

"Hi, guys!" He greeted. He opened the box and showed it to her."Look, Soojin-ah! I made these. Try one, Jay."

"Thanks, Hyung." He excitedly took a bite of the cupcake, but his expression fell as soon as he tasted it. "I-It's nice." He forced a smile while his eyes twitched.

"Really?" His eyes gleamed, and so he picked up another one and reached it out to Soojin's mouth. "Soojin, try one, say ah." She then made a face and slowly shook her head.

"Come on, say ah. Jay said it's delicious." She glanced at her brother, encouraging her to eat. She turned to Yeonjun again and hesitantly ate the food. "See, it wasn't that hard, was it?" He replied, smiling like an idiot.

"It was. Especially since it's salty." She mumbled, slowly chewing the cupcake.

"Noona!"

"Huh?" He took a bite on his cupcake and made a disgusted face later. "Shit, did I mistook the salt as the sugar?"

The two guys laughed together while Soojin stood there with a blank expression. She realized that Yeonjun was good at many things, but baking was not one of them.

The three hung out and went shopping for a bit and then proceeded to go to a Japanese restaurant to eat dinner.

"Oh, by the way, Hyung." Jay dropped his chopsticks and faced Yeonjun. "Did you hear that Noona fell in love?" He asked while he glanced at his sister with a sly smile.