Chapter 9

Soojin woke up with a smile on her face. She just read the last text Wooyoung sent to him last night. "Don't text me. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight." She's been nonstop messaging him since their date last Saturday, and surprisingly, Wooyoung replies even though most of the time it's him telling her to stop texting him.

But does Soojin really cares and listen when he wants her to go away?

You're right. She doesn't.

In fact, she loves annoying him. He gives the best reaction that Soojin enjoys seeing. Other than that, even though he was pushing her away, he was still kind sometimes. Take note. Sometimes. He was a complete tsundere, and she's here for it.

Yeonjun and Sungjae are both playful and childish compared to him, but that's the reason why she's attracted to him. The curiosity about what's unique about Wooyoung made Soojin interested in him.

She examined her look once more before she went to school. She was wearing black high-waisted trousers and a white off-shoulder top. She put her hair up into a low ponytail that showed off her collar bones and shoulders.

"You ready to go?" Sungjae asked as he was leaning on the door frame. He noticed her smile, so he quirked his brow up and asked. "What got you so giddy today?"

Soojin turned around, shrugging, and walked past him to the elevator. "I just feel good today, is all."

They soon arrived at the university, and as usual, people stopped and stared at the car to see and welcome the owner. Sungjae got out of the driver's seat and opened the door for her. "Enjoy your day." He exclaimed while Soojin walked away. She waved back, not turning around, so he chuckled and drove off.

"Good morning, pretty lady." An arm snaked around her shoulders, but she didn't bother facing the man who greeted her. She recognized the voice anyway, and she was used to his actions that it didn't even faze her. "Did you see the vogue magazine today?" He asked as they were walking towards Soojin's first class.

"Do I look like I read fashion magazines?" She sarcastically asked but continued before Yeonjun replied. She does look like she reads fashion magazines. "Nevermind. Why? Is there anything important to see there?"

Yeonjun jumped in front of her and took a magazine out from his backpack. He handed it to her with a wide grin on his face. "Guess who's on the cover."

Soojin stopped and grabbed the magazine from him and nodded in amazement when she saw the front cover. "Congratulations, Choi. You're going International, huh?"

He crossed his hands over his chest and tilted his head upwards. "Of course." He smugly replied and took the magazine back. "Ah, by the way. I'll be having a party on Saturday. Will you come?"

She shook her head instantly. She wasn't the type to go to parties since she said it was annoying, messy, and loud. She likes to spend her time alone in her house or the dojo.

"Oh, come on, Soojin." He pouted and put his index finger up. "Please. Just this one time? It's just a small celebration. Please?"

"Nothing's small in your vocabulary, Yeonjun." She rolled her eyes and softly pushed him away.

"True." He snickered, clearly thinking about something else. "Will you go, though? Please, please, please?" He pleaded as they arrived in front of Soojin's classroom.

She sighed. She doesn't really want to go. "It's going to be—"

"I'll try to invite your favorite boy band if they're available."

"Amazing. Count me in." She blankly looked at him and gave him a double thumbs up.

Yeonjun punched the air triumphantly and ran away, winking at her. "See you there!"

She sighed as she entered her first class—Astronomy. It was a minor subject, but she genuinely loved the course. She cannot help but be in awe of celestial objects and phenomena. She desperately wants to know what's beyond the solar system as it intrigues her. She was a curious person, even when she was younger.

As she was about to stand up after the bell rang, a familiar face approached her with a smile. "Hi, Soojin." He greeted as he took a step back for her to pass. "We have to do another one of those projects."

She nodded and walked outside as he followed. "So I've heard." She flatly stated as she paid attention to her way.

He scratched the back of his neck and gave her a shy smile. "Can we be partners again?" She quirked her brow up once she faced him. "My friends aren't earnest in doing these kinds of things, and I wanted to have a high grade since I want to be a dean's lister this semester."

"Sure." She quickly answered without even thinking. Beomgyu was actually a good project partner. He was diligent and did his job flawlessly. In addition, they already know each other, so it's better than being awkward with a stranger. "I can't do it this Saturday, though, but maybe Sunday." She added.

Beomgyu grinned and nodded. "I'm busy on Saturday too, so that actually works." He raised his phone and waved. "I'll message you on Sunday!" He yelled as he tried to catch up with his friends.

Her whole day wasn't really eventful, and she was bored out of her mind. She suggested Sungjae drive her around the neighborhood as she likes to do it when she has free time before going to the dojo. She enjoys watching people pass by and observing them—it helps her with her troubles.

Once the car turned to the nearby basketball court, she saw a half-naked Wooyoung laughing with another guy while playing something on their phone. 

She tapped the driver's seat while looking outside the window. "Wait, Sungjae, stop the car." He followed her order and took a quick glance at her from the rearview mirror.

She sent Wooyoung a message, but she saw from outside that he scoffed at his phone, ignored her, and went back to play the game he was playing. She then decided to call him, which he answered a little too fast. "What?" He groaned and nodded at his friend, who chose to play basketball. "I'm exhausted already." He replied at him. He turned his attention back at the caller and asked, "Why did you call?"

"Because you're terrible at texting." She instantly retorted.

"Bold of you to assume that I want to talk to you in the first place." She giggled at his reply, which made Sungjae turn around as his eyes widened. He continued observing her, completely weirded out at her actions.

"Are you going to Yeonjun's party on Saturday?" She asked while her fingers drew circles on her thigh.

"Duh."

"Well, let's go together." She suggested, which she earned a groan from him. "Remember, you still have to cook for me." She added, then giggled again.

Her assistant was slightly disgusted as he wasn't used to her being like that. Is this the Jung Wooyoung effect?

"Yeah, yeah." He stood up and faced in her direction. Thankfully, their window is tinted so that he couldn't see her. "What else do you want? I'm going to hang up now." He grunted as he brushed his damp hair up.

She smiled when she finally could see his pretty face clearly. "Nothing much. I just wanted to hear your voice." She breathed lovingly as she stared at him.

Sungjae cringed when he saw her heart's eyes. Oh, God. She's so whipped. He thought.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and looked at the screen of his phone. "Goodbye." His hands were ready to end the call.

"Oh, and Wooyoung?" He returned his phone to his ears and furrowed his brows. "Nice abs."

With that, Sungjae gasped too loudly.