Chapter one

*your pov*

Working as a lead member of one of the top racers's pit-crew is a very stressful job. "Go, you're not doing it fast enough!" The racer himself yells at me. I keep going trying to speed up the pace. Jackson Storm has always had his eyes set on beating world renowned racer Lightning McQueen, so of course he's on edge right now I just wish he wouldn't take it out on me. He doesn't treat the rest of the pit crew this poorly, just me, which really gets under my skin.

Storm ended up winning the race, which is an accomplishment for him, and a relief for me. I don't even want to imagine what Storm would say to me if he had lost, as if it's my fault. He's scary when he gets mad, I heard that he broke thousands of dollars worth of racing equipment simply because he was slower than other racers.

I get back to my apartment absolutely exhausted from today, I'm about to shower when I get a call on my phone, " (y/n) get your ass to the shop right now." It was Storm.  I reply "Why? If there's something wrong call a mechanic." I can here him sigh, " you don't think I've tried a mechanic? You're stupid, none of the mechanics understand how the new generation cars work, so you need to come down and help." I know there's no getting out of it so I gather my things and leave for the shop to work on Storm's car.