💋 Chapter 16 💋

Adriens POV

When I wake up the next morning, I immediately get dressed and eat breakfast so that I can make it on time to go get Marinette.

I rush out the door barely saying goodbye to my father as I stuff my books in my bag and finish buttoning my shirt.

I hop in the limo with Gorilla and ask him to take me to Marinettes house. All he does is grunts. I'll take that as a yes.

When I make it to her house, we have 30 minutes until our classes start. I thank Gorilla hopping out of the car and walking into the bakery.

"Hello Adrien!" Sabine says, ever so kind. "What can I get for you today?"

"Oh, um, I was wondering if I could go talk to Marinette before our classes started for the day if that's alright with you?" I flush a bit, but hopefully not too noticeably.

"Of course honey. You know where to go." She smiles and starts helping the next customer in line.

I walk up the endless flights of stairs and finally come to her house, climbing up the ladder and knocking on her latch door. "Do come in." I hear faintly.

I open the door and see that face that strikes me every time. She is wearing a light purple pair of sweat shorts and a purple chunky cardigan over a simple white cami. "Hey you." Her hair is down, with the waves that I love so much. As always, she looks stunning.

I tell her that by leaning in and kissing her on the cheek, breathing in her scent. She doesn't smell like perfume, she just smells like those flowers that intoxicate me every time. She giggles.

"Did you get home okay last night?" She says folding some clothes. I go over and sit on her chaise.

"Yeah. My dad wasn't too happy though."

Her face drops. "Whys that?"

"Because I broke up with Kagami." I run a hand through my hair. "But don't worry, it's all good now... hopefully."

She tilts her head. "What did he say?"

"Nothing Mari, don't worry about it. Please?" I get up and walk over to her pulling her into a hug, but she pulls back a bit to see my face, my hands still wrapped around her waist loosely.

"I need to know." She says, concern filling her eyes.

I blow out a breath. "He said he was disappointed in me for disobeying him. Said that I should have stayed with Kagami because she would have been better for me. More like for him and his business deal. But don't worry, I told him off."

She nods slightly, not looking at me. Then turns around and walks slowly to the window.

"What if he's right?" She says so quiet I'm sure I've misunderstood.

"I'm sorry?"

"What if he's right?" She looks at me then suddenly, tears rimming her eyes.

I walk to her quickly. "What do you mean? Mari? What's going on?" Panick fills my chest.

"I mean look at Kagami. It makes sense."

I'm so confused. "What makes sense?"

"You and her. Gosh, she's beautiful! Adrien, don't you see it? She's got perfect everything. Teeth, smile, hair, personality. How can you look at me.... and then turn her down? Look at you for goodness sakes!" Her voice rises a bit and the tears slowly roll down her face. My heart breaks right then and there. "You're a model. What are you doing with a girl like me?" She stares at me, her eyes genuinely looking for an answer.

I'm completely blown away. "Marinette..."

"Please tell me!" She pleads. "Why!?"

I turn back to her and throw my hands in the air. "Because I'm freaking in love with you! Okay!? If I didn't know it then, I know it now! I've loved you since that day in the park." Her eyes go wide. "Ever since that day I kissed you in the park I've been madly in love with you. I didn't want to admit it to myself, or anyone but I do. I am. And there's no going back. I'm in too far. I'm in love you Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

Her jaw is touching the floor at the moment and she seems to be trying to comprehend everything I just said. It apparently clicks because she runs over to me, hopping into my arms and kisses me with everything she's got.

Her hands run down my chest and then back up to my neck, one running through my hair. My hands are on both sides of her face ever so gently. Our lips move against eachothers like we need eachother to survive. And I sure do need her to survive. She tilts her head to the side and the rush of sensations to my lips practically floors me.

When she pulls away for air, I about throw a temper tantrum.

"Kiddies, if you don't come down now you'll be late!" Sabine yells up from their kitchen.

I meet her lips for one last indulgent pleasure. "You are perfectly imperfect. I know its cliché but it's so true. You're absolutely breathtaking. Don't let anyone tell you different. I'm a complete fool for you." I whisper, my voice hoarse.

I grab her hand and both of our backpacks and we head downstairs and out the door for school.