🥐 Chapter 4 🥐

Adriens POV

As we're walking along the river, it's completely silent due to the starting of the work day.

I can feel her warmth on the cool spring day. Our hands brush slightly and it sends a jolt right up my arm.

She inhales a slightly at the contact. My heart beats faster in my chest.

We walk for what feels like ages talking about school and summer plans. What we want our final year of high school to be like and such as that. She has plans to plan out a clothing line for when she starts fahion school.

We have been hanging out more recently because of Alya and Nino becoming a thing. I so desperately want the thing that they have. The romance and love.

"Where do you think you'll go to college?" Marinette asks looking over at me intently.

"Well, my dad... he wants me to work for his business." I explain. "Wants me to take over the business and learn the trade so when he can't anymore, I can." I say looking at the river that runs through the park.

She looks at me and with a quiet voice says "Is that what you want? You don't seem too psyched."

There she goes again with the selflessness. Caring about others before herself.

"Well honestly, not really. I mean I love fashion and want to work in the industry but when you're forced to do something... let's just say it's not what it seems." My dad has forced this onto me my whole life and I don't know what it is, but I don't want to do it.

She turns to me making my brain do a full 180°.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I don't really know much about your home situation but you have friends who are here for you no matter what. We will take care of you if need be." At the last part she smiles. "And hey, if he kicks you out, we can all move to Las Vegas and become gamblers." She states with a twinkle in her eye.

I move a bit closer to her and say in a low voice, "I thought you didn't want to live anywhere else."

She stands her ground with a smile. "Well if push comes to shove..."

I take her hand in mine and pull on it to bring her closer. I lean in about halfway asking for permission, "Can I?" Looking dazed she slightly nods and I lean forward leaning my head to the side and close the distance.

When our lips touch, a fire ignites inside me. Her lips are soft and warm like butter. My lips move against hers on their own and she responds by doing the same. She moves her hands up to my neck, one going into my hair. My whole body is on fire. I move my hands to her waist.

All I can think of in this moment is 'wow'. The feel of her lips on mine is the best thing I have felt in ages.

When I pull away I hear a tiny squeak of displeasure come from her.

When he pulls back I'm breathless. I have never been kissed by anyone in my entire life but I think the wait was well worth it.

Adriens looks at me gauging my reaction. I am completely blown away. I don't think there's anything like it.

"Adrien." I whisper, looking into those gorgeous eyes. Why did it take me so long?

"Adrien, how could you!" A shrill voice says behind me.

🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐