☀️ Chapter 14 ☀️

Adriens POV

"I think I have a pretty good idea." She breathlessly laughs against my throat. That just makes me want her more.

"You make me feel wanted and seen. You always have, from when I first met you." I guide her face so its level with mine. Her cheeks are so red you would have thought she had on a bunch of blush. "I've never felt like I belonged anywhere until right now." I softly kiss her again, loving the way that we fit together so effortlessly. Her fingers brush through my hair, so satisfyingly.

I move her, placing her back up against the chair while I fold myself around her. I grab her leg and she wraps it around my waist. I smooth my hand down her thigh, so astonished that we are here in this position and situation right now. Her lips are silky on mine, moving against mine like they've done this a million times before. We kiss like that for what feels like hours. I run my fingernails behind her knee and it jerks against my touch. "What was that?" I whisper against her lips.

"There is just something about the way you touch me Adrien. I don't know." She sighs, her breath tickling my lips.

I lay down beside her and we both take a deep breath. "This is surreal." I breathe, and she takes my hand and holds it to her chest. I kiss her hair feeling at peace for the first time in a long time. Her head is nuzzled in my neck and I feel a heavy sigh come from her. She places a few feather light kisses on my neck and when she stops I want to cry out.

Soon I fall asleep to the steady pace of breathing and warmness that envelops me.

Waking up, I feel pressure on my stomach. I open my eyes and the sun is coming up from behind the clouds, so it's still hazy. I look down to see Marinettes head on my stomach, while her body is perpendicular to mine.

She has an arm over her eyes to block out the light. Her hair spills over my torso in gorgeous midnight strands. I play with them until she stirs, shifting her arm off her face and looks at me.
Her cheeks instantly turn pink and getting up so quick I think she's going to fall off the chair. "Hi." She says.

I grab her waist and pull her to me quickly burying my nose into her neck. She laughs and tries to wriggle free. But I hold onto her not wanting to let her go.

"Good morning gorgeous."

She turns a bright red this time. She shoves my shoulder and says, "Stop that Adrien." She looks at me with eyes full of contemptment.

"I just want you to know that you're the most beautiful female on this planet, that's all." I give her a sly smile.

She rushes toward me, hands on the sides of the chair, she's right over me and plants a quick kiss right on my lips, she starts to pull away but I put a hand on the back of her neck bringing her back down to me desperately needing more.

"I like you a lot." I whisper against her lips, my eyes closed.

"I like you a whole lot." She says back, and she smiles against my lips.

"We better get going before Alya and Nino realize we're gone."

I grunt in dissatisfaction. This night has been a dream, I don't want it to end. I go for her lips again but she holds a finger up to them, grinning. "Ah, ah, ah. Later."

She gets up off the chair and stands there waiting for me to get up. I do, but take her hand instantly. I caress the inside of her hand with my thumb.

When we get to the house, we slip in as quietly as possible.

Getting to our bedroom doors she comes over, kissing me right on my jaw, just below my ear. Like that doesn't make me go ballistic. She slips into her room leaving me astonished by how much I've fallen in love with her over the past couple of days. I'll tell her in time.

I slip under my covers, my lips blissfully raw and swollen. My brain won't shut down because all I can think of are the words she said to me earlier. About all the things she likes about me, my heart swells and I want to giggle and jump for joy, but think better of it. Ninos still sleeping.

When I get under the covers, Alya stirs putting her arm over my waist like shes trying to keep me from going anywhere again.

I lay awake for what feels like forever buzzing from everything that happened over the last couple of hours. I touch my fingers to my lips and think of Adrien and his beautiful self. I eventually fall asleep and when I wake up again, the sun is shining through the curtains, lighting up the bedroom.

Alya stirs at the same time looking over at me with a sly smile. "So. Where did you go last night?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Nowhere." I say, blowing it off and getting up to brush my hair. She stays in the covers.

"Yeah, I don't believe you. Spill." She can be so nosy sometimes, but I know her heart is in the right place. The urge to tell her is so great that it overcomes the shyness and wanting to keep it a secret.

"Well... me and Adrien kind of kissed... last night." I say blushing.

Her eyes just about pop out of their sockets. "WHAT!?" She yells. "MARINETTE! THATS SO AWESOME!"

"Alya! Keep it down, there are people trying to sleep." I giggle.

"Oops, my bad." She says. "I can't believe you kissed Adrien. Freaking. Agreste. Girl, you've been crushing on him so hard for the past couple of years. Tell me all the details."

"Well, there's not much to tell. I couldn't sleep last night so I got up to go clear my head. He apparently had the same idea. And we ended up talking. Out of nowhere I kind of kissed him and then-"

"Wait! You made the first move!?" She says, about to scream again.

"I guess, yeah. He leaned in slightly but he didn't go any farther but it looked like he wanted to kiss me so I took it into my own hands." I go to sit on the bed.

"Okay queen Mari! I see you girlfriend! Way to go! Are you guys dating now?"

Oh no, I never thought about that.
"He hasn't asked me, we never talked about it. Should we have!?"

"Marinette, calm down, it's okay. I'm sure yall weren't really thinking about it. I'm sure y'all will talk about it sometime soon. Don't worry about it okay?"

I take a deep breath. Yeah. Okay. It's all good in the neighborhood.