🌧 Chapter 1 🌧

I stumble down the sidewalk towards Marinette's house, blinded by tears. How could my father been so heartless?

Every since my mother disappeared, its been hard for me and my father to move on with life without her.

I reckoned that since she had disappeared, me and my father would have become close, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

My friends have really helped me through this, especially Marinette. She's always brought me little baked goods or little knickknacks that she's created, that's why, I chose to come to her for this.

I get to the door and knock wiping my eyes so hopefully her parents won't see I've been crying.

The door opens and the smells of baked goods light up my nose.
Sabine, Marinettes mother, gives me a smile before she see's my red, puffy eyes and her face fall's.

"Come in sweetie. Is everything alright?" She says putting an arm around my shoulder.

I love how her parents are so loving to me, even though I'm not part of their family.

"Not really, is it okay if I talk to Marinette?" My voice coming out small and unrecognizable.

"Of course honey, she is up in her bedroom." Sabine says as she leads me up the staircase that goes up to Marinettes room and pats my arm.

I climb the stairs and knock on the small trap door, just to make sure I'm not intruding.

Someone lifts the hatch and I see Marinette's face light up. She motions for me to come in so I do.

I've been in her room several times to play video games or do school projects but I've never been here on a random occasion.

I see his puffy, red eyes and my smile slips from my face. I've never seen Adrien like this before and I don't like it one bit.

"Adrien, what's the matter?" My stuttering has gotten better as I've become more comfortable around him.

"I-I" was all he could get out. A lump grows in my throat seeing him like this. Tears rim his eyes and his nose tinges red.

I hold out my hand taking his and lead him over to my pink chaise. We sit down and I pat his hand and he leans his head onto my shoulder.

My breathing comes a little faster and I clam up a bit.

I put my arm around his shoulders and we sit like this for a couple of minutes while Adrien calms down.

While we sit here, I'm completely baffled by how ever perfect Adrien is having a meltdown. The model facade is completely gone.

After a couple minutes of collecting himself, he pulls away and looks at me.

"I'm sorry for this." He says motioning towards his face.

"Don't be sorry." I say. "What's going on?"

"Today when I got home from school, my dad got angry at me for missing my photo shoot. That wasn't the big deal though. It's that he slapped me when I told him that I was studying for the big math test tomorrow. He said that I was a complete shame to the Agreste family and that my mother would be ashamed of me if she was still here."

The tears are back but and he takes a big breath to slow them down.

I look at him in complete shock. Never have I heard of such hatred from a father towards his son. I wonder if his dad blames him for his mom leaving. My insides twist at the thought.

I knew that Gabriel Agreste had probably acted rash in the heat of the moment, but that was no excuse to hit his son.

"Adrien I am so sorry." I say looking down at my hands shaking my head. "Has this happened before?"

"He's never gone as far as to hit me, its usually just mental stuff like playing games with my head or manipulating me." Adrien says.

He sounds so small and he looks tired and weak.

I wrap him in a hug and we sit there awhile until we end up lying down beside each other. I bring a blanket over us and make sure it's covering both of us.

We lay there for a long time in each others embrace, her body warm next to mine. In that moment I know that I made the right choice to come to Marinette with this.