🧭 Chapter 6 🧭

Marinettes POV

As I walk through the streets back to my house, all I think about is how disappointed I am in Adrien.

How could he do this to Kagami? I'm more disappointed than anything.
When I get home, I go up the stairs and open the hatch to my room.

I walk into the room my gaze immediately going to the chaise.
The folded blanket still sits on it reminding me of Adrien. Awesome.

I go over to my sewing machine and start on a project. When I'm stressed I like to sew or do something with my hands to let out all of the pent up energy.

Adriens POV

How could Marinette not understand? Kagami and I are NOT together. She said those things because if she can't have me, then no one else can. I've told her a gazillion times that I have my eye on somebody else. Why can't she understand?

A knock comes at my door and I walk over to answer it. I open the door to see Nathalie in my doorway.

"Your father would like to speak with you Adrien." Nathalie says, and turns on her heel and walks away.

Okaaaay.

I walk down the huge staircase to my father's study. I gulp and then open the door. Kagami and her mother are in the room. Oh no, this can't be good.

Did Kagami tell my father something that wasn't true about what happened earlier? 🤔 Seems like something she would do.

"Adrien, I would like to speak with you about a matter that has been brought to my attention." Really? Is that so? I think sarcastically.

My father motions for me to sit down in one of the seats in front of his desk. And then motions for Kagami to do the same.

"I have heard that you are not making good on the deal you made with Kagami, her mother, and I. Is that so?" He says giving me a stern look, but it's like stone. There's no real emotion there. This is just another thing to check off his to do list like always.

"Well, that is so, but I don't think that you should be controlling my social life just because you want to make a business deal."

His eyes flash. "Mrs. Tsurugi, her daughter, you and I agreed that you two would date in order to create an everlasting bond between our families for the better of my company and for Kagamis future, did we not?"

Anger boils inside me. Who gave him the right to live my life for me? But I really don't have a way out. If I refuse my father will probably just lock me up somewhere so I couldn't see the outside world and hold me captive in order to do his biding.

"We think that you and Kagami should tie the knot." My father says looking at his watch. ......... UMMM, EXCUSE ME???!!

"WHAT? Like getting married? I'm seventeen father! I have a whole life ahead of me!" I say baffled by the words that just came out of his mouth.

"No son... in time. Now that it's all settled" He looks at me pointedly. "We should all be good. Thank you Mrs. Tsurugi and you Ms. Kagami for bringing this to my attention."

Okay, so it was her. Of course.

Why does he think that he can control my whole life? I can't even choose what I want for breakfast.

"I think this is a fantastic idea!" She says putting her hand on mine. "We will get to know each other better." I rip my hand out from under hers and stand up facing my father.

"Why? I don't want this! I want to choose who I want to be with. You can't make every decision for me." I turn around and storm out of the room.

"Adrien!" My father yells behind me but I keep walking.