🐛 Chapter 2 🐛

After we've been laying here for a couple of minutes I open my eyes to find Marinette already looking at me and her cheeks tinge pink.

My heart leaps in my chest but I dont move.

I memorize the way her hair falls onto her collarbone, how her lips are perfectly plump and how simply beautiful she looks in the moon light.

She has a spray of freckles across her nose that would be cute to anyone else but to me they just exentuate her beauty.

I have never looked at anyone this way before. Never truly looked at them, other than ladybug.

I have never noticed Marinettes beauty. She has always been pretty and cute but never anything more.

What are you thinking Adrien? You love ladybug not Marinette.

I already have my heart reserved for ladybug and ladybug only.

I'm about to mention that I should probably leave but Marinettes looking at me so intently that I push the words down in my throat.

I look at Adrien, his slightly upturned nose and sharp jawline make my heart flutter inside my chest. Why does he have to be so handsome?

I love the way his bright green eyes make me think of gems and how his blonde hair falls over his forehead just above his eyes.

I want to tell him that he is perfect in every way but I could never do that, that would be way to embarrassing.

My eyelids feel heavy and I want so badly to keep them open and soak up the perfectness before me but sleep is calling to me.

I let the weight pull my eyelids closed and feel Adriens warm body up against mine and it gives me comfort. I feel his warm breath on my neck and I shudder.

I feel Adriens warm fingers touch my neck moving a strand of hair from my shoulder. I don't open my eyes in fear of making him withdraw his hand.

I see Marinette close her eyes. Gosh, she so beautiful. How did I miss it before? I am practically with her 24/7.

When I think she's asleep, I move the hair that was over her shoulder and put it behind her shoulder. I see her sharp collarbone in the moonlight, as well as the gentle curve of her shoulder leading down to her arm that is curled right up against my chest.

I want to kiss her so bad right now that I can hardly stand it.

Why do relationships have to be so hard?

I remind myself that I'm in love with ladybug and not Marinette.

But in a teeny place in the back of my mind, where no one could find it, I wonder if that is still true.