🪅 Chapter 5 🪅

Marinettes POV

I whip my head around to see Kagami. What is she doing here?

"How could you do something like this Adrien? After all we've been through together." Kagami says with a pout on her face, looking more angry at me than Adrien.

Ok, now I'm confused. I turn to look at Adrien whos looking confused and angry at the same time. Oh, this should be good.

Was he cheating on Kagami? Are they together? Is he playing the both of us? What is going on? Adrien is not the type to do that. Right? Now that I think about it, I don't know him all that well.

"Adrien?" I look at him needing an answer because if all of this was just a mind game, I would have a freaking mental breakdown.

"Mari, it's not what it looks like, I promise." He looks at me eyes pleading.
My blood pressure starts to rise, "What is it then?"

Kagami comes up to us glaring at Adrien. "I thought we had something, but you go and throw it away just like that with some random girl." She says snapping her fingers.

"First of all, Mari is not some random girl and second, I don't know what you think we had. Our parents had us go to things together. It was all set up by our parents." Adrien says.

"What do you mean? Just the other day you told me you loved me and kissed me." Kagami says with a glint in her eye but a frown on her face.

"What are you talking about!? That never happened." Adrien says with desperation, his eyes pleading with me to understand. But I don't. My first kiss was amazing but it was all fake.

In a daze I back away and start walking down the street away from the two. I hear Adrien call out to me, begging me to listen.

I hear footsteps coming rapidly behind me but all I am thinking about is getting home.

A warm hand catches mine and pulls me around. Inevitably Adriens.

"I thought you were different." I say looking at the ground in disappointment.

"I am! What she's saying is complete balogna. I would never do that to you, or anyone mind you. You have to believe me!" He says trying to get me to look at him.

"I don't - I need to think okay?" I slip my hand out of his. "I need some time. Please, Adrien."

He nods, but looks as if he wants to say more. "Okay."

How could Kagami do that? How could she ruin our relationship by lying because I didn't want her? I thought she was better than that. I thought I was better than that, not to let Marinette get away, but I want to respect her wishes.

Now she's mad at me and doesn't trust me. I honestly deserve that though.

But that kiss was... something else. I have kissed a couple of girls in my lifetime but nothing has ever, remotely come close to that.

When I thought of Ladybug, that's how I wanted to feel, and I found it, just with a different person. But stupid me ruined it, just like always.

Now, all I have left to do now is wait and hope that she realizes that I would never dream of cheating on anyone.