🌻 Chapter 3 🌻

When my eyes flutter open I'm confused as to why there is a warm body next to mine and after a few seconds, all of the memories flood back to me.

I look over at Marinette and she is still knocked out, her hands folded right under her chin. She's absolutely adorable.

I decide to get up because I need to use the bathroom. When I'm done, I step back into the room and Marinette is folding up the blanket and her hair is a mess.

A deep blush sweeps across my face, though I'm not sure why.

"Uh, good morning, How did you sleep?" I stutter running a hand over my face baffled at how well I slept.

"I slept really well thanks" She says, "you?"

"Really good... thanks." I say with a small smile.

"Hey, before we go downstairs for breakfast, I am going to go and get dressed." She says getting up and going over to her dresser.

I look down at my clothes and grin. "Well at least I don't have that problem." She laughs, probably one of the most amazing sounds I've ever heard.

Since I wasn't planning on sleeping the night, I didn't bring a change of clothes.
Marinette goes into the bathroom to change so I sit down on her chaise and look around her room.

She has quite a large room. The walls are a bright pink which suits her well. In the corner there is a large desk with a computer, and attached is another desk with a sewing machine. In the opposite corner is a loft bed that leads up to a balcony that overlooks a good portion of the city, no wonder she has such toned arms from hoping up onto the balcony.

I've been up on the balcony as Chat Noir many a time. One particular memory stands out, the time Marinette told me she liked me as Chat Noir, even though she was completely lying, trying to get out of one of her shananagins. If only she did really like me as Chat Noir. I smile at the thought.

The door opens and Marinette comes out of the bathroom in a blue, graphic, oversized t-shirt tucked into a pair of cuffed jean shorts and topping it of with a pair of black, platform, hightop converse. Her midnight locks are in cute braided pigtails with a crochet handkerchief in the triangle pattern tied into her hair and she looks stunning.

Her long, lean legs eat up the distance between us and only after she looks at me for a few seconds do I realize that she said something.

"I'm sorry?" I ask.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" She says again with a playful smile on her face.

"Let's go!" I say as my stomach growls.

We go downstairs to Marinettes small kithchen. She reaches into a cabinet and gets out a box of cereal.

Since it's eight, her parents are already downstairs in the bakery.

Marinette places the milk, bowls, and spoons on the table and we sit down opposite from each other.

We eat in an akward silence until Marinette asks, "What would you like to do today?"

I'm relieved to have someone to spend the day with. I think for a second and reply with "We could to go to the park and take a walk or something..."

Marinette looks at my red cheeks and smiles.

"Sounds like a fabulous idea." She says in an English accent.

After we finish breakfast, we wash our bowls, brush our teeth and head out to the park.

We walk around for a bit looking at all of the beautiful architecture of the city.
"Do you like living in Paris?" I ask her out of the blue.

"Yeah, I do. It's home." She says smiling at me. "Never lived anywhere else, never want to. You?"

"Yeah it's pretty cool. I get to see a lot of it due to photoshoots and traveling with my dad. But I've never really got to experience it with anyone, you know? I'd like to... I mean, when I grow up and find my person."

She nods and looks out over the park thinking. Her midnight hair sways gently in the breeze.

She looks so beautiful right now. I figure I'm going insane looking at somebody other than ladybug.

My heart grows a couple sizes looking at her. It's not just about her looks though. She's attractive on the inside as well. She cares about people in a way I've never seen before with anyone other than my mom.

It courses through her and bubbles over. She's living kindness.

I make a rash decision and decide maybe ladybug can take a backseat for now. She has never shown great intrest in me and I want to take a chance on someone else.

"I'd like that for myself too."