🌟 Chapter 7 🌟

Adriens POV

I run up the stairs trying to get to my bedroom as fast as possible. Why is my dad so controlling? He only doing this for his benefit.

A few minutes later I hear a knock at my door. Probably my father. "Go away."

"Adrien it's me." says Kagami. "Can I come in?"

Um, no.

I don't have to say anything because she comes in anyway. The door opens slowly and Kagamis head peaks into my room.

She walks into my room looking everywhere. "Your room is so cool and big, it's a shame you never use it."

"Thanks." Wait what? Is she stalking me? I glare at her but she's looking at a ladybug action figure on my shelf.

"I can see you're a ladybug fan." She runs a finger across the figure.

"More or less." I say standing by the window. She comes over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder rubbing it softly.

Marinettes touch would have probably made my mind go blank but Kagamis... not so much. I step out of the way so that her hand falls.

"Adrien... I think that you should listen to your dad. It would help out our parents. And I also don't think it will be that bad." She says smiling at me.

Well it was before, that's why I didn't do it.

"Why would I want to help my father? All he wants is what's best for him. He's not thinking about you and your mother, okay? Why should I give up my freedom for you?" I say looking at her, I realize the last part came out wrong.

A hurt look crosses her face. I didn't mean to hurt her but this is my life too, I'm 17 years old, im not a baby anymore.

"Why don't we try it out? It will make your father happy for a little bit and we can go out instead of you being cooped up here all of the time." She says. "And don't you like me? It shouldn't be all that hard."

"I mean yes, we liked eachother at some point but..." The 'not being cooped up' part seems like the best thing out of this whole scheme.

"Then lets give it a shot. Like I said it will take your dad off your case."

What about Marinette? Ugh, she is mad at me BECAUSE of this whole Kagami situation. But what choice do I really have? My father will take this later on and use it against me if I don't follow through.

I'm sure I never had a chance with Marinette in the first place. I mean look at her, then look at me.

"Fine. But I'm not doing this for you okay?" I feel a heavy wait shift onto my heart. Like I'm abandoning my heart and only doing things for the pleasure of others.

"Cool! I'll go tell your dad!" She comes over and kisses my cheek. Ew. While she goes out the door I wipe my cheek with the back of my hand.

The next morning when my alarm clock goes off my eyes are already open. I barely slept at all last night and I am exhausted.

I was thinking about the whole Marinette disaster and how I really did let her down. I really hope me and Kagami being together (against my will) won't worsen things.

I get up and go to my closet picking out a plain white t shirt and a pair of black jeans. I don't feel like dressing up for school today. I don't pay notice to my hair, just run my fingers through it a couple times and it's gets a little wavy and falls over my forehead. Not to bad.

When I'm done getting ready for the day I go downstairs and barely eat the food that was prepared for me. I'm eating alone anyway like usual. Today feels extra lonely though.

I grab my backpack and head out the door. I walk to school letting the sunshine warm my face and the soft breeze blow my hair.

When I make it to school I see Marinette walking up the stairs looking quite beautiful. She is wearing loose black jean bermuda shorts with a loose coral shirt tucked in with some black platform sandals. Apparently she loves platform shoes. Her hair is in a messy bun with a few unruly ringlets coming down the side of her face.

I run up the stairs to catch up with her.
"H-hey Marinette." I say looking down at her hoping that she won't completely ignore me.

But Marinette being Marinette is always kind. "Hey Adrien, how are you?" She says looking down at the ground.

Completely disregarding her question I say, "Look Marinette about yesterday-"

She turns to me and the faint smell of flowers intoxicates me for a second. "I understand Adrien. You don't need to explain. Kagami told me you two had a miscommunication but you are together now." She says. "I'm happy for you. If anyone should have a chance at romance, it should be you." Giving me a small smile.

Right... we are technically together now. Only because of my father. Oh how I wish I could tell Marinette that I want her not-. I have a "girlfriend".

We walk into the courtyard and up the steps to our first class. We both have math together first period.

When I walk into the class Kagami is there waiting in my seat, next to her Nino looks extremely uncomfortable.
I walk to my seat as Marinette walks to hers.

"Hey Adrien, thought I'd warm your seat for you."