Chapter 7: A New Addiction

Months Later...

I was watching my favorite channel, E! I love the way the Kardashian sisters fight over everything. That makes them special and they’re still my favorite.

“I hate you!” Khloe hissed at Kim, and Kim gave her a blow from under her jaw. I bursted into an uncontrollable laughter and I felt a kick inside of me. With difficulty, I pulled myself up, still concentrated on the programme, but this time, the kick came harder.

“Ahhh!” I cried at the reaction. “What is wrong with me?” I asked myself and held my enormous stomach.

As if my back splitted into two, another kick hit through me.

Elvie... Elvira!”

“Ahhh! Help me! Ell.... Elvira!” I groaned out in pain.

“My back.... Help me!" I cried and felt a sudden warmness between my legs. I looked down at my feet and blood was pouring out of me.

“No... Help me!" I cried, trying to stand, but I couldn’t.

In a blink, I remembered Elvira went out with her new boyfriend. I tried to move to the dining table where I kept my phone, but I couldn’t. I held myself to the chair and gently slipped down.

Ahhh!” I cried once again. The pains hit me harder as I moved. Crawling to get to the dining room, the blood lingered between my legs and I held myself once again, unable to move. Stuck in between, I closed my eyes and tears rolled down my checks.

Unable to hold the pain, I felt a sudden dizziness and suddenly blacked out.

3 Days Later, Damon was watching football. It glued his eyes to the television as he suddenly threw the remote control out of frustration.

“Fuck! You can’t even kick a ball properly!” Damon cursed at the top of his lungs.

“Why are you excited so over this?” Mrs. Smith rushed out of the kitchen to meet him. I thought you were quarrelling with someone. I didn’t know you’re watching football."

“I’m not fighting with anyone. I’m just watching television.” He replied softly.

“What do you normally gain from football that you tense up yourself like this?”

“Football is universal. Everybody understands its language. This means, anywhere it’s play, a soccer fan supports his county, which might also serve as a system of peace and conflict resolution.”

“Oh, that’s good. And understandable too. So you mean everyone could be brothers and sisters because of football?”

“Yes, mum. That’s why I go to the stadium to watch it most times. It’s just that I’m occupied these days.”

‘Ring! Ring! Ring!’

Damon realized that his mobile phone on the marble table rang. It viberated once again. He looked at its screen from the chair and saw ‘Elvira Young.’

“Who are those that don’t sleep at night?” Mrs. Smith raised her gaze at him, pissed.

“It’s Elvie.”

“Who’s Elvie?”

“Elvira Young, Adelaide’s friend.”

"What does she want and why is she calling this late? Doesn’t she have a husband? You see... Birds of tafeather. She’s calling her friend’s ex-husband by 12:00 a.m!"

Damon concentrated on the television while his phone rang again. Its vibration on the table was disturbing. He couldn’t concentrate.

“She's calling again... Pick up the call and put it on speaker.” Mrs. Smith hissed.