Chapter 4: Life As A Couple

Damon walked to me with breakfast at hand. It was bread, scrambled eggs, bacon and tea.

"Good morning, love of my life."
He whispered to me, and I stretched out of bed.

The rims of my eyes, inflamed. My sleepy eyes met his charming face, I couldn't help but yawn. "What's the time?" I asked him in between, rubbing my nose with the heel of my hand.

"It's exactly 7:00 a.m." He replied with a smile.

"And you're up already? You didn't sleep all night because of me." My lips pouted at him with guilt. "My bad." I pulled out of bed and he held me back.

"You slept for me, Wifey. Where are you off to?"

"To brush my teeth, of course. I don't want to get spoilt by your love." I rolled my eyes at him.

He only blushed. Without wasting time, I walked into the bathroom and he followed me.

"What are you doing? Standing there and watching me?" I murmured with the toothbrush in my mouth.

"I'm still curious about you, darling." He said and walked to his toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing his teeth too.

"Haven't you brushed before?" I turned to him.

"Yes, I have. But I'm brushing my teeth again because of you." He muttered. I chuckled softly at his attitude and had to wait for him, too.

Watching my darling husband, I realized that I'd spent the entire night writing and crying. That was the only thing that wiped my fears away. It has  been five years of marriage now. Our love for each other has grown a lot and somehow, I feel Damon deserves better. Someone better. Still, he shared my burdens with me. To be with me every single day.

'Trrr!'

Damon threw his fingers at me, and water from his fingertips sprinkled on my face. I jerked from my thoughts immediately, looking away.

"It's Saturday morning, Wifey!" He held me in a bridal style. "What are your plans?"

I pulled away but failed in the attempts. Although I am of average height and a little chubby, Damon was stronger.

"Write, write, write." I told him "I'm presently working on a story about abuse, anxieties and stigmatization. I think I'm healing through my writing."

"It gladdens my heart to hear you say that. You're all I want in a wife, Ally.  My Wonder woman."

Damon then tilted his head as if leaning in for a kiss. He buried his face in my hair and inhaled softly. "Your hair has the smell of books. I would never get tired."

My eyes open in bewilderment as a soft blush replied him. I wasn't expecting this. Damon's sculptured face came up to mine, and my racing heart heated. It felt as if my heart would jump out of my ribcage, but I swallowed hard with a smile. With held breaths, he paused. Listening to my heartbeats for a moment, as if he noticed. We ended up staring into each other's eyes intensely.

With this, Damon caress my red hair to the side and placed his lips on mine. His lips held onto mine with little grip, but my heart felt a great intensity. The woody scent of his nightwear opened up my soul and I tasted the minty fresh breath of his lips that collided with mine.

As Damon kissed me, my body blossomed like a flower at the sight of dawn. I wrapped my legs around the small of his back while he held me up effortlessly. Then drove more wet kisses to him and he gently placed me on the bed.

Although Damon's kiss was intoxicating, his love was a cure for me. He knew that when he kissed me, I would forever wed his unutterable visions to my perishable breath, but he still did it. My mind, like an eagle, soared to his every touch. So was my imagination. We caught our heavy breaths and raised our gaze at each other. Face to face. His firm hand held the nape of my neck while he was on top of me. Our sincere eyes stared at each other.