Chapter 16: A New Sister

A Week Later...

Elvira had just finished preparing a breakfast of toasted bread, scrambled eggs and tea and was about to set the table when she felt a sudden kick.

"Awch!"

As if a bowling ball landed on her spine. The sweat drops from her face tickled into her ears, but Elvira didn't mind wiping it off.

Luckily, it was Saturday. Jeremy rushed out of the kitchen to meet her.

"What's going on, my love? He asked, and looked at her legs. Just then, he discovered that her water has just broken. She held her belly, like a heavy load that would drop off at anytime.

"Just stay here, okay?" He gave her a peck before rushing upstairs to get his car keys and the baby luggage.

"Auuch! My back." A soft groan escaped her. Elvira applied pressure on her back and closed her eyes to the overwhelming pain.

Jeremy sprinted to her as he hanged the bag on his shoulder and wrapped his right arm around her waist. Everything was useless right now. She shakes with a sob and trembles.

"Walk with me, okay? And breath gently." Jeremy begged.

"I'm trying." She muttered as she placed her hand on her forehead and leaned against him. Gradually, the couple reached out to the door and got into their silver Ford Focus car and zoomed in the hospital's direction.

The pain came in waves and she was in the middle of a contraction when a new one would start. All of her focus was on the pain.

Immediately they arrived at the hospital, they admitted Elvira into the labour room while a nurse asked Jeremy to wait at the reception center. It took a while, though. He waited and hoped for safe delivery.

Thirty minutes later, the doctors walked out of the ward and one walked to where Jeremy was sitting.

"How is my wife?" Jeremy asked with worry written all over his face. For some reasons, he felt they were out too early. He couldn't help but to notice the seriousness in their eyes.

"She's fine. Both mother and child are doing great. Your wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations, sir." the doctor stretched out his right hand for a handshake.

"Thanks so much, doctor Frank!" Jeremy unexpectedly gave the doctor a tight hug before he realized. Then he was and gently pulled away.

"Oh Jeez! I'm now a father! When can I meet my wife and daughter?" He asked, placing his hands over his mouth in excitement.

"Just wait a bit. The nurses are cleaning up the place. They'd call you in whenever they're through. Excuse me, sir." The doctor bowed before leaving. Jeremy held in the welling tears of joy as he watched the doctor walked into another ward.

Later, Diane walked in with Damon. Since Mrs. Julia passed, young Damon spend his weekend with Diane, his aunt.

Entering the ward, Damon sprinted towards Elvira. Come here, my son. She carried him to the hospital bed and gave him tight kisses on both cheeks. Damon blushed to her in amazement.

"Guess what?" Elvira started. "You have a baby sister."

"Baby sister?"

"Yes." Elvira smiled and carried the baby towards him so he would get a better view. "Isn't she pretty?"

"But I don't want a baby sister."

Diane and Jeremy busted out in laughter. "Lol! Damon is so funny." Diane choked on her breath.

The Witch's Irresistible Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें