CHAPTER 33

"Well, if it isn't the detective that's banging my sister," Rose chided as Wyatt walked in.

He ignored her and took a seat at the table opposite her. He opened his computer and then looked at Rose.

Nothing about her demeanor showed that she was cowered by being arrested. Instead, she looked as confident as ever, as though she was in her element, with a wide smile on her face.

"Rose, my name is Wyatt Long and I'm the – "

"I know who you are," she interrupted before he could finish.

"I've seen you leave my sister's apartment enough times."

So she had been keeping an eye on Cassidy. That was interesting and something to be filed for later questioning.

"Let's just get to it then. Why were you trying to kill you sister and her family tonight?"

Rose laughed sarcastically.

"I'm not answering any of your questions," she hissed, her smile dropping.

"I can keep you for as long as I want. You're going to answer my questions eventually," Wyatt pointed out.

"I'll only talk to one person," she reasoned.

He had a feeling he knew where this was going, but boy did he hope he was wrong. She wouldn't, would she? Not after everything that had happened tonight.

"Who?" he asked cautiously.

"My sister. I'll only talk to Cassidy," she said triumphantly, smiling broadly.

She knew. Rose knew that Cassidy wouldn't want to step foot in this room and talk to her. She was basically saying that there was no way Wyatt was going to find out anything from her.

"Cassidy is in the hospital."

"I only scratched her hand," Rose said nonchalantly. "She'll be out of there in a couple of hours. Until then, I'm not talking to anyone."

And with that, Rose leaned back in her chair and just stared at Wyatt. The look of determination in her eyes was something he had seen in Cassidy, so he knew she meant it. Rose wasn't going to be talking to any of them.

He groaned internally and left the room.

Chief and the two agents were waiting in the room next door. Wyatt spared another glance at Rose through the glass. She was still as he had left her, casually leaning back in her chair, a small smile playing on her lips as though she was enjoying this.

"What are you doing?" Agent Jones asked. "Get her talking."

"I think she just made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to talk to me," Wyatt stated frustrated.

He wanted Rose to talk more than anyone else. There were so many questions he needed answers for.

"Then get Cassidy Monte. Anything that will get her talking."

"You're joking? He has to be joking right?" Wyatt asked Chief incredulously.

Chief turned to Agent Jones.

"Surely you're not suggesting we place a civilian inside there to talk to her. A civilian that she just tried to kill might I add," Chief said, glancing at Jones.

Jones faced turned crimson.

"We need to get her talking and if that's with Miss Monte's presence, then so be it."

"Do we really need her to talk though? We caught her red handed," Wyatt argued.

"We caught her for this crime. We need her confession on all the others. There's almost nothing tying her to the other cases."