Chapter 2

After I walked away from Kelly and Jessica, I joined the rest of the guests and we began to interact with each other. However, even though I wanted to, I couldn't stop thinking about Kelly right there with her date, but I tried to concentrate on the things that Jay, Nelly, Curtis (aka 50 Cent), Monica, and LaLa were talking about.

There came a time when everyone's attention was focused on the DJ, as my mother took the microphone to make her speech of thanks for everyone's presence.
At this point we all stayed in the same room. Those who were in the other areas of the ballroom joined us just to give prestige to my mother.

She made her speech of thanks for the presence of the friends and family present and then said: "Now I want to invite all of you to the dance floor and I don't accept that anyone should be left out! Let's rock the skeleton! Uhull..."
I couldn't help but smile as I saw her excitement. Her vigor was contagious! In accordance with her request, most of the guests joined her on the dance floor.
Jay, Nelly, and Curtis were dancing their hearts out to Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," while I was quietly dancing in my corner, watching, unbeknownst to them, Kelly and Jessica dancing on the other side. When the song ended the DJ put on Whitney Houston's "My Name Is Not Susan" (rap version) and right away Michelle came up to me and pulled me to join her and the other girls.
We loved this song when we were younger! We sang this song wherever we went and Kelly and Solange always did the rap part while Michelle and I sang the Whitney part. It was so cool! Hehe...
I didn't think twice about joining them to sing and dance to that song, I just didn't think that Solange would pick up Kelly to join us as well. "Solange doesn't miss a chance to try to get me back together with Kelendria."
What I didn't expect was that Kelly would accept since I was there, but she did and to my happiness, she came to join us without Jessica.

We started singing and dancing but at no point did Kelly approach me. But then another song started to play, Rihanna's, " If It's Lovin' That You Want", and then Solange, LaLa, Michelle, Monica, Kelly, me and Angie made a circle and Solange was the first to go to the middle to start dancing. Then it was Michelle and Monica's turn, Angie also went to the middle of the circle and showed her dance, when she came out she pulled me into the middle. I was embarrassed that Kelly was there, so I tried to leave the middle without dancing, but Monica wouldn't let me.
"- Hey, now it's your turn! Let's go... Shake that ass, sister."
At the same time Solange and Lala supported what Mônica had said.
"That's right, Mo! You're right! They said.

I timidly started to loosen up, but after I saw that Kelly was watching my every move, I did my best to do my best.

She simply stopped clapping her hands and stood there admiring everything I was doing

She simply stopped clapping her hands and stood there admiring everything I was doing. Her gaze became the fuel for me to keep moving. But then that song ended and the next thing I knew, other people were around clapping along with my friends and my sister.
But it didn't take long for the people to disperse! As soon as Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" started playing, people started grabbing their dates to dance, and Jay took my hand to dance with him.
I didn't want to, because Kelly was still there, standing in the same place looking at me, but there I was, dancing with Jay but looking at Kelly. There was a moment when Jay turned my back to her and when he turned again, I realized that she was no longer there.
It was then that I disguised myself and told Jay that I needed to get some air outside, he understood and went back to where he was before.