Feasts and Queens

I was walking home with Harvey and Sabrina, about two weeks after our Exorcism that Harvey, Roz, or Susie had no idea we performed, obviously. "This doesn't happen as much as it used to," Sabrina smiled at her boyfriend as they held each other and walked. I was standing off to the side near Harvey, although not touching him, "Us walking home together," She said, mainly referring to Harvey and her. "It's the nicest," Harvey commented as she agreed. 

"What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?" Harvey asked again. "Oh, it's not that big of a holiday for us," I replied shrugging. "Well, what do you guys do?" "Aunt Hilda, Y/N and I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade," "Aunt Zelda watches whatever Football games are on," We alternated coming up with excuses. "Your Aunt Zelda's a football fan?" Harvey asked stopping at the front porch. 

"All contact sports," We both replied smiling. "It's trippy when you guys do that," Harvey commented as we both snickered at once. "And that," He said again laughing a bit. "Then, movies and Chinese food," Brina continued. "What about you guys?" I asked him. "My Grandpa's coming, which means lots of beer-drinking and deer-hunting." He said regretfully. I looked at him suspiciously, "Since when do you hunt?" I asked weirdly. "I was about to ask that," Sabrina continued. 

"I don't. But, since I'm working in the mines now - 'honouring the Kinkle Legacy' - they said I could join them." He shrugged. "Just promise me you'll be careful," Sabrina said eyeing him. I walked up the steps a bit, "Always," He said smiling a bit. "Do you wanna come in? Just to say hi?" Sabrina asked shrugging as I went up to the door and had my eyes set on a lamb entrail on the door. "What the hell?" I whispered looking at it concerned. I heard Sabrina about to bring him up but I turned around and mouthed "no," to her and signed her no. 

She quickly turned Harvey around and dismissed him, "Bye Harvey!" I yelled goodbye to him. "Bye!" He said weirdly and walked off. I watched until he was out of sight and then burst into the front door, "Aunties! Ambrose!" I bellowed from the door as the blood dripped from the entrails. They came over to the front of the house, "Can anyone explain why the Texas Chainsaw Massacre has been nailed to our door?" Sabrina asked seriously. "Or, I don't know, why there are damn lamb entrails on the front of our door for the world to see? I mean, why not the inside of the door?" I rephrased Sabrina's question a little sarcastically.  

"Oh, dear. I'll get some sponges," Aunt Hilda sighed and walked to the kitchen. Ambrose laughed, "What are you laughing for?" I asked concerned. "Nothing, I'll just go get a plastic bag for the entrails," He laughed lacing his fingers together and going to the kitchen as well. "It's a message from the council, girls." Aunt Zelda replied to our questions. "What message? We're all gonna die soon?" "Cause' that's what it looks like," We replied concerned. "No, it means our family has been selected to participate in this year's Feast of Feasts," She corrected us and lead us to the kitchen. 

"What the hell is that?" We both asked at once as we sat down next to each other and laced our fingers together. "Feast of Feasts, girls, is one of our holiest holidays. It's...similar to mortal Thanksgiving but," "The menu is slightly different," Ambrose finished for Auntie Zee. "Why do I have a feeling that word, 'slightly' means more than I think?" I asked rhetorically. The both of them ignored my question, "It's meant to honour the single greatest sacrifice a witch ever made to save her coven." Aunt Zee continued as Aunt Hilda placed a candle in the middle of the table. 

"Praise Freya. May we meet again," She smiled. "Praise Freya," They all chanted except for Sabrina and me. "Who's Freya?" Sabrina asked curiously. "A queen amongst witches. Centuries ago, about five now, fourteen women belonging to the earliest incarnation of the Church of Night, were chased out of the township of Greendale into the hills, forest. Hilda," She signalled for Aunt Hilda to continue for her as she kept looking at us. "The men of Greendale had hunted all the animals in the winter. So, really, there wasn't anything to eat." She continued. "The witches would have died out and starved in the winter, had it not been for the youngest, and most powerful witch, Freya." Ambrose continued for both of them.