25

Cassidy's Pov
I haven't been to school. I've slumped all day and I knew that was bad for my mental health. I started to gain a lot more weight and realized I was 125 which was still a little underweight.

Even if I did go to school I feel like I would get unnecessary attention and I absolutely hate attention.

"Sweetie time to get up!" Mom yelled out the door.

"I'm not going!" I groaned rolling over to my stomach and putting my arms underneath the cold pillow.

"Honey your going to have to go to school. You can't just drop out if you wanna continue basketball in college." My dad said and I groaned.

"Who even cares about basketball." I mumbled.

"Don't say that... basketball is your dream. You can't give up." He said sitting on my bed.

"Whatever it's too late." I said closing my eyes.

"It's not too late. You can still go." He said and I groaned shaking my head no.

"Your going to have to go to school at some point." He said shutting my door.

I got up and closed my blinds. I used the bathroom and came out with Chase sitting in front of the tv.

"What are you watc..." I was focused when the news turned on.

"It's said that criminal killer who has taken over 1 millions dollars from the bank with a fake identity apart his brother principal of a highschool." The guys said.

"Derek King who was originally Theodore King raped, molested and drugged a highschool student." He said and they showed a picture of me.

"Cassidy Dawson one of the best players on the basketball court drugged and raped and was found by another highschool student." They said.

I stared at the screen. I regretted coming downstairs.

"The criminal lied to everyone and was arrested a week later after the crime happened."

"50 years sentence to prison"

"Both of the King brothers were both sentenced to the prison after working together."

So not only my coach did something bad. Then principal would have let it go and lied to everyone about his own brother.

"Cassidy Dawson disappeared after court." They said and chase spoke up breaking me out of my trance.

"I don't wanna do basketball anymore. Not if that happens." He said.

I changed the channel and sat next to him.

"You will be okay. Not all coaches are like that I promise." I said and he still shook his head no.

"You shouldn't let me get in the way of your dreams for basketball." I said and he looked down.

"Continue. I think you would like basketball. and if something ever happens come to me." I said and he nodded.

I kissed the top of his head and he smiled. I took his hand and grabbed his lunchbox putting it in my car.

"Your ready to go to school?" I asked him and he nodded getting in the passenger seat.

I dropped him off and went home. I turned the tv off and made me a sandwich going to my room. I sat and watched my shows until I fell asleep again.

~~~~~~~

Zoey's Pov

Cassidy hasn't shown up to school in nearly a whole 2 weeks which isn't like her but yet after everything happened I wouldn't show up either.

I was hoping she'd be in time for state champions. After all she did take us there. We only needed one more win and we'd win the entire thing. Just like last year.

"Where's Cass?" Jade asked me.

"I don't know..." I mumbled shooting my 3-pointer.

Me and Cassidy went a long way down the road. After breaking off in freshman year I've been a bitch to her and she really didn't deserve it after all she's been through.

I should have went to someone and told them about our old coach. Before everything happened.

I figured maybe I could help Cassidy get through this. I mean we aren't strangers just... people that still talk at its minimal and people that talk liek they were still friends.

She let me have the captain spot because I've always wanted it. And after seeing her let me have it I realized how much damage I did to her.

She was only trying to help me but silently told nothing.

After than we heard the door open and we saw her...

Cassidy's Pov

I was planning to do soemthing this afternoon.

I grabbed my duffel bag getting my jersey out. I washed it including with my other clothes for basketball. I put them all in a bag and wrote a note too.

I went to the gym immediately. When I found everyone practicing. When they saw me they all ran to me hugging and saying sorry.

There was a new coach this time it was a girl.

"You must be Cassidy." She said walking to me.

"You don't have to remember my name anymore." I said and she cocked her head.

"I quit." I said throwing Zoey the bag of clothes and walked away.

"Cassidy!" Zoey yelled.

"Cmon you aren't gonna do this. You can't." She said and I shook my head no.

"I think I'm gonna focus on my studies..." I mumbled and she scoffed.

"Please we're one step away from winning this. Stay please" she said and I just ignored her.

"I know! I know what happened and I'm sorry it happened but you can't just let that delete your entire future of basketball."

"I quit."

A/n

Not me drinking monster drinks just to keep my life in track Pfft.