14

Anna's POV
The punishment towards the basketball team and as well as Cassidy was taken too far.

After getting a break a walked to the shed to grab an extra soccer ball for the practice when I saw Cassidy on the fence.

I decided to go talk to her first but when I got closer there was a pool of blood on the side of her head.

I ran to see her black out. She must have from exhaustion.

"Cassie! Are you done resting!" I heard behind me as I saw someone.

"Holy... fuck." She mumbled.

Her name was Blakely. Or that's what it said on her sweatshirt. I pulled Cassidy's head off the brick when she woke up.

She threw up making me dodge it quickly. She was barely awake at this point and I pulled her to sit next to me.

She was so exhausted she couldn't keep herself up next to me and felt in my lap.

"Anna?! How long does it take to grab a soccer ball!" I heard as I saw Emmy.

She covered her eyes when she saw how much blood was on my jersey. I looked at my hands and the side of Cassidy's head was still bleeding.

Blakely quickly took her sweatshirt off and put under Cassidy's head.

"Uhm... ill go get the coach..." Emmy said as she ran.

I looked down as I saw Cassidy moving around. She moved closer to me and her head was on my lap.

"Hey..." I said pulling a piece of her hair back. She could barely keep her eyes open...

"Where is she?" I heard seeing my coach.

When she saw us she came running towards us. She letter Cassidy's head to feel her left hand start feeling blood by the damage from the brick.

"Shit... okay Emmy go get a first aid kit. And get a couple wet towels." She said as I looked at my coach.

I was worried...

"She's gonna be alright. The damage isn't severely. She should be okay." She said and I nodded.

She laid Cassidy's head back down on the sweatshirt so she wouldn't lose anymore blood.

I could hear a slight whimpering from her. I played with her hair when the coach left to tell everyone that they were dismissed.

We first heard her yelling at the basketball coach. And than Emmy came back with the supplies.

Blakely stayed with Cassidy as Emmy looked at me smirking before she went home.

The coach took Cassidy leaning her against me as she patched up the side of her head.

"I've seen you hanging around with Cassidy a lot..." I heard as Blakely sat next to me.

"You know she barely even hangs out with anyone." She said and I looked at her.

"She seems really comfortable with you." She said.

"Yeah- I guess... just not fully comfortable." I said.

"It will take her awhile but once she's use to you. She will trust you with almost everything." I nodded and she smiled as we went over to Cassidy and the coach.

"She needs rest. Don't let her bother to come back to practice for the rest of the week. I'll make sure this gets reported to the principal." She said and we all nodded.

"Why don't you take her home..." the coach said.

"Uhm... yeah I'll do it." I said as I crouched down to Cassidy.

Her head was hung low. I'm not sure she's ever gonna want to do basketball again now.

I put her arm over my shoulder and lifted her up by her waist. She was awake and use at least a little strength to help move herself.

"It's okay." I mumbled when I heard her wince.

Blakely was behind us as she grabbed Cassidy's bags. I put her in the passenger seat of my car and got into the drivers seat has her bags was in the back.

I took her home and we reached her bedroom. She hasn't said anything since but when she got in her bed she threw up over the side of her bed.

"Don't clean it... I can just do it later." She said but I didn't listen. I started to clean it as I got up to see her asleep.

I covered her up with her blanket and before I felt someone tug at my sweatshirt.

I saw Cassidy who didn't let go of my sweatshirt. She moved around before she pulled my sweatshirt again.

"Please... stay." She mumbled.

It's the first time she's ever wanted me to stay. I nodded but I slept on the floor. I didn't want her to feel comfortable but she fell asleep fast letting me go.

~~~~~

I woke up and slam my head on the wall behind me. She has a small room and not to mention her bed was a queen size.

I looked at her and heard her whimpering after I turned the light on she had thrown up again.

I quickly went to get some supplies in her room to clean up what could be until morning when it was only 1.

"Hey it's okay..." I said pulling a hair behind her ear.

She had gotten sick overnight. Running in the cold was a bad idea and especially being so worn out.

She threw up again this time she made it in the bucket I got for her.

I helped her up to get to the tiny bathroom she had. She threw up in the toilet. While I cleaned the bucket out. I went to go get a clean bottle of water when I saw someone else in the kitchen.

"Oh hi!" I heard freezing.

It was a younger boy than Cassidy. He had similar features as Cassidy and his hair was brown too.

"Hey you know where the water is? And possibly a little food?" I asked him as he pointed at the pantry.

I started to find freshwater and some fruit snacks and fruit roll ups. I grabbed a couple and went back to her bathroom to see her leaning against the wall.

I grabbed a rag and ran it through water. I started to clean the edge of her mouth. She groaned when I touched the side of her head.

"Shit... sorry." I mumbled.

I flushed the toilet and helped her on the bed. She groaned at her head and I started to tuck her back in when laid on top of me.

"Shit..." I mumbled.

She put her head on my chest as I put the bucket next to us. I put the blanket over us. I turned off the light and eventually I actually fell asleep.