21| Carried away

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" we curse one word after the other when we realize what just transpired. It's not the possibility of pregnancy that bothers me. That can be prevented with two pills tomorrow. What worries me is contracting an STD or STI.

Mi nuh affi ask Christ if Chaunard a man whore. How di fuck mi mek dis happen?!

Our eyes meet, each of us trying to gauge the other's reaction. Too staggered to think straight, I grab some wipes from my bedside table drawer and start cleaning up myself. Worry and fear kick in and I half sprint to the bathroom and spring into the shower.

When I return, my wet comforter is on the floor and Chaunard is lounging in my bed looking as comfortable and unbothered as a dog licking its balls on a bright sunny day. His joggers are back at his waist but he's still shirtless. The seriousness of the situation doesn't seem to resonate with him at all.  Meanwhile, all hell is breaking loose in my head, threatening to send me to the hospital with a stroke.

"It didn't soak through?" I ask pointing to the damp pile on the floor. He shakes his head telling me no.

"I'm sorry about that... Mi nuh usually fuck bareback," he says, no doubt trying to pacify my spiraling anxiety.

"Me neither... Matter of fact, that was my first time ever without a condom," I admit, pulling the towel tighter around my body and moving to sit at the edge of the bed. He shifts closer to sit behind me and wraps his arms around my body.

"Morning after first then we can both get screened tomorrow if yuh want. Or you can do whatever," he says, kissing my temple. His words don't erase my fears but they are comforting enough for me to put off worrying a bit. It already happened anyway. I just have to remain calm and follow due process.

"Tomorrow? I thought you were leaving."

"I was supposed to but it got pushed back by two weeks. A few people had some kinda emergency so dem reschedule at last minute."

"This never did fi happen enuh," he continues. "But mi couldn't help myself. Sorry."

"Explain," I tilt my head to the side trying to see his face.

"Mi never come here fi have sex wid yuh. But yuh come outside inna di likkle short dress wid yuh pointed nipple dem a jook mi inna mi eye."

I roll my eyes and chuckle at his description of my attire. "Yuh pop on mi without warning. Dat dress was the quickest and easiest thing fi put on at the time. Anyways... why yuh come here? And why yuh never jus pull out?"

"Mi find yuh bank card and driver's license inna di car. A dem mi come fi drop off."

"Oh. Dem mussi drop out when di bag drop last night. Thanks." He pulls his wallet out of his pants pocket and hands the two items to me which I put on the bedside table before returning to his embrace. "Now tell mi why yuh never pull out."

He goes quiet for a moment. "Pussy too good. Mi lose control," he says, making me blush.

"So what was this?" I ask hesitantly, using my finger to draw circles on his arm. "A one-time thing?"

"If a dat yuh want," he shrugs, releasing his hold on me and lying back on the bed.

"What do you want?" I turn to face him.

"Anything that you want," he simply says, his arms clasped comfortably behind his head and his legs crossed at the ankles.

"Dat nuh answer mi question. Yuh mus know wat yuh want." I press further.

"Mi like spend time wid yuh. Mi want more a dat."

"Doing what exactly?" I ask, moving to lie beside him.