Chapter 43 - Planning

Lillian looks at her hand, which is in a lot of pain, in complete shock, before then looking back at Kara. Kara, meanwhile, has a smirk on her face, not only because Lillian is finally getting what she deserves, by being in some form of pain, but also because she is keeping in character of being Lena.

"What... did she do to you...." Lillian says, as her face flinches while she massages her hand.

Kara breaks out into an even bigger smirk.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Kara says, with a pleased smile.

Lillian's face flinches in anger now, clearly not amused by the situation, or hearing that from her 'daughter'.

Lillian continues to massage her hand for the next few moments, all while she looks at Kara, not saying anything. Eventually, Lillian stands up from her chair, and walks over to Kara, scanning her, up and down.

"You think you are clever, don't you, Lena?" Lillian says, with a smirk, "But you're not. You just gave your game away, and made a big mistake. It is just proof that you are not really a Luthor, just a half-breed. Luthors don't give away unneeded information."

Kara feels anger boiling up inside of her as Lillian says this, all the while she wonders what Lillian thinks the game is that she is playing, as clearly she still thinks she is Lena.

"What game am I playing then, mother?" Kara says.

"You clearly have some powers, or protection." Lillian says, "But if you are suggesting that Kara Danvers did this to you, then that would mean she would also know how to do it to herself. So, she's not dead."

Internally Kara is a bit alarmed by Lillian saying this, realising that the Luthor matriarch does have some logic behind her thinking.

"I hope that's true." Kara decides to say.

Lillian now gets a confused look on her face, clearly not expecting that response from her daughter.

"You 'hope, that's true'?" Lillian questions, and then grows a smirk on her face, "Meaning..... you don't know if she's actually alive or not.... How interesting."

Kara now internally feels relived, hopeful that she has steered Lillian away from the truth, a bit.

"Well, it really doesn't matter if Kara Danvers is alive or not. If she is alive, I'm sure you have formed some sort of plan with her or something. That is why I now need to be very careful." Lillian says, as she continues to smirk.

Lillian then pulls out her phone and dials a number.

"Hello, dear." Lillian says, "I have a lovely surprise for you. I have found your sister. She is right in front of me as we speak."

"What?!" Kara hears Lex reply on the phone, angrily, "Why didn't you inform me before now?"

"Because I wanted to make sure of a few things first." Lillian says.

Lex huffs angrily on the phone in response to that.

"Did you find the dog, also?" Lex asks.

"No." Lillian replies.

"Then you failed." Lex sneers.

Lillian grows a slightly annoyed look on her face, for a very brief moment, before quickly removing it.

"I did not." Lillian says, "There has been an interesting development. Your dear sister claims that the dog is dead, which I deem as highly unlikely. However, I have just found out that Lena looks to have some form of invulnerability, just like the Kryptonians, and as the dog did."