Chapter 44 - Kara Meets Lex

Kara is placed down on a chair, and then restrained by some zip ties. Kara pretends to struggle as the guards do this to her, but in reality, she is simply just continuing to play along. Kara knows that she has now breached Lex Luthor's inner sanctum, and she can already tell that there is going to be a lot of secret stuff here that could be useful. The CEO just really hopes that there is some information here that either exonerates Lena from being the 'mentally unstable' person Lillian made her out to be, or is proof of the evil deeds that Lex and Lillian have done.

"Leave us." Lex says, once the guards tie Kara to the chair.

"Are you sure, Mr Luthor?" One of the guards asks.

"I said, leave us. I want some alone time with my dear sister, whom I haven't seen in several years." Lex says.

"Okay, Mr Luthor." One of the guards nods.

The two guards then exit the room, going back up the elevator entrance to the bunker, leaving Lex and Kara alone. Even though Kara knows that she isn't in any real danger or anything, she still feels very uneasy being in Lex's presence. Kara doesn't know how people don't see Lex for who he is from just one meeting. Lex simply gives off this aura that he's evil.

Lex smirks at Kara, wickedly, as soon as they are alone.

"Well, dear sister. Here you are." Lex begins, "Admittedly, I am impressed by your ability to evade me and mother for so long. But you should know, with every day that went by, I thought of new ways to punish you for how you betrayed me. And now, here you are."

Kara glares at Lex, and she really wants to beat him to a pulp, but she can't yet. Kara thinks that perhaps if she gets Lex talking, he might say something that will help her in some way, by him letting something slip. Kara has always found that when someone's ego is as big as Lex Luthor's, they tend to make mistakes, by giving away valuable information, if you simply let them talk at you.

"Here I am, Lex." Kara says, in a dry tone.

Lex chuckles.

"Don't be so glum, dear sister." Lex replies, "If what mother says about you is true, then you are the key to my success, to finally rid the planet not only of one Kryptonian menace, but now two."

Kara looks into Lex's eyes, and as she does this, she thinks about everything Lena has told her about the mad man, and how she thought originally that her brother was a good person, not one capable of such horrors, which include experimenting and killing hundreds of dogs.

"What happened to you, Lex?" Kara asks, still pretending to be Lena, "You never used to be like this, so full of fear and hatred. I used to think you were my loving brother, someone I looked up to. Someone I could lean on, who helped me get through my childhood with our abusive mother."

Lex sneers at Kara saying that.

"I never wanted a sister. Father should have not brought you into our home. I am the only child of Lionel Luthor that deserves to carry the Luthor name. You are nothing." Lex says, angrily.

Kara continues to look into Lex's eyes, and that is when she sees and realises something.

"Is that really what this is about?" Kara asks, with a smirk, "You have been intimidated by my intelligence ever since I came into the Luthor household? You have been manipulating me all this time, because it made you feel better about yourself. It made you feel like you were more intelligent than me, when deep down, you know you're not. You know I am better than you, and will always be better than you. That is why you needed me to help you with your experiments, as with all your 'intelligence', you could never figure out what I did in a few months."