Chapter 16 - Alex & Kara's Plan

Kara wakes up the next day feeling groggy, and her mind foggy. Kara takes a few moments to rub her eyes, and think about everything that transpired, and that is when she remembers everything that occurred with Lena, and how upsetting, and frankly, heart breaking it was, and still is for her.

Kara lets out a sigh after a few moments, and then swings her legs over the side of the bed, about to get ready for her day at El-Corp. Of course, Kara is still in some emotional turmoil from everything that has happened, but she is the CEO, so she certainly isn't going to take the day off. In fact, Kara thinks that perhaps working at El-Corp will help her to forget about what transpired, and take her mind off things. However, just as Kara stands up, she sees that Krypto is laying in her room, by the bedroom door. Despite the sadness Krypto's presence brings, because it reminds her of Lena, Kara still feels happy upon seeing the amazing dog.

"Krypto." Kara smiles.

Krypto lifts his head off of the ground, and then looks at Kara, and slowly begins to wag his tail as he stands up. Kara then walks over to Krypto, and crouches down to the dog's level, and begins stroking him.

"Hey boy. I see you slept in my room." Kara smiles, continuing to stroke the dog.

Krypto happily allows Kara to stroke him, and even goes as far as to rub his body against Kara's, and then lick her face. In response to that, Kara can't help but let out a chuckle, despite her mood.

"Oh, you're such a good boy." Kara smiles.

Kara continues to stroke Krypto for a few more minutes, before she then decides to put on her expensive silk dressing gown and head downstairs.

"Come on boy. Let's get some breakfast." Kara says, with a grin.

Krypto wags his tail once more, and happily follows Kara out of her room. As Kara walks down the hallway, after leaving her room, she hears a heartbeat coming from one of the bedrooms. For a moment Kara gets her hopes up, thinking that maybe, somehow, Lena returned, and got back into her penthouse. However, as soon as Kara looks into the room, she sees that it's just Alex, who is still asleep in one of her spare guest bedrooms.

Kara sighs in disappointment upon seeing this. Krypto for his part must be able to tell that Kara is upset by this, because as a result, he begins rubbing his body against her legs, immediately cheering the Kryptonian up.

"You're a good boy." Kara smiles, looking down at the dog, and then putting the bedroom door too, and then heading downstairs.

Once Kara and Krypto have made their way downstairs, Kara decides she'll just have some cereal this morning. Usually, if Kara has time, the CEO will cook herself something delicious and tasty, and not healthy at all, like pancakes or a cooked British breakfast or something. However, this morning Kara really isn't in the mood to do any cooking, nor does she think she has the patience for it. So, Kara grabs herself some cereal from one of her cupboards, and then pours in into a bowl, along with some milk. After Kara does this, she readies her coffee maker, and then grabs Krypto's dog bowl, that she bought for him the other day, and fills it up with a small amount of food for the dog to eat for breakfast.

Kara places the bowl of dog food down on the ground, and then watches as Krypto happily eats it. As Krypto does this, Kara wonders just as to what Krypto's true appetite is like if he is like her. From Kara's own experience, whenever she has had her powers removed, for any reason, she loses the massive appetite she usually has, although it still remains slightly more than a normal female of her size.

Kara watches Krypto eat for a few more moments, lost in thought until eventually she hears her coffee maker ding. Kara then grabs the coffee and sits down on a stall by her kitchen island and begins eating her breakfast, and drinking her coffee. Usually, while Kara is having breakfast, on the rare occasions she actually eats it at home, she will browse through her phone, checking on the news she has missed while being asleep, and then doing some minor work on any of the emails she has got over night. However, right now Kara really just can't be bothered to do any of that, so she just eats her breakfast in silence, looking around her penthouse kitchen/living room area as she does.