Chapter 40| Confessions & Accusations

Chapter forty: Confessions and accusations

K A I S O N

I was almost to the bar when my phone rang in my pocket. I frowned as I fished the damned thing out. My frown deepened at the sight of the caller ID.

Chelsea.

Had the girl not been as helpless and so desperately in need of help as she was, I swear I would've never let her get away with as much as she had over the years. I had called her out on how she would treat Livvy because that's the one line no fucking person was allowed to cross, but that's about all I had done. She got on my very last nerve.

I took a deep calming breath and picked up the call.

"Yes, Chelsea," I answered wryly. I was yet to recover from my oh-so-pleasant encounter with Martinez.

"Kaaaiiisssoooon," she slurred in reply. I could barely hear her over the background noise.

"Are you out drinking again?" I asked incredulously. 

My patience was running thin. That habit of hers was becoming a regular and I was not a huge fan. I had a life of my own. She wasn't even close to me. At that point, I was just a shoulder to cry on when her relationship would take a hit or a designated driver when she would decide to drink her feelings. This reckless drinking wasn't wise but she never listened. And the human in me never let her learn her lesson by leaving her to her devices either.

This is what having a history with someone does to you.

"Yes," she moaned out.

"For the love of God," I grumbled, reaching the bar and gesturing to the bartender to make me a neat whiskey.

"I broke up with him!" She muttered incoherently. I could hear the music pumping in the background. "I need another Vodka!" She screamed.

I rubbed my temple in frustration.

"Are you alone?" I asked.

"I ran away," she declared flippantly.

"Bloody awesome." I cursed. I eyed the drink that the bartender placed in front of me with remorse. "Where are you?"

"Sunset Valley," she spoke, slurring to a point where I had to strain my ears to make them out.

"Sunset Valley?" I confirmed.

"Yeah, silly!" She giggled. "You're coming aren't you? Did I ever tell you I love you? Because I do!"

I shook my head, standing up and disconnecting the call. I started my walk back to our table. When I ran into Garry, I decided to save time and told him to relay my message to Milo. He would know what to do. Then, to make sure Livvy didn't feel left out or irritated, I decided to call her, too. When I couldn't connect to her on call for some reason, I shot her a quick text telling her it was an emergency.

I would explain everything to her personally later.

The valet made a quick job of getting me my car and I quickly set the GPS to Sunset Valley. I knew which one exactly. 

A few minutes later, I reached the place. I put on my sunglasses and retrieved my beret from the glove compartment before quickly making my way in. The place was packed and I got in without anyone recognizing me. Probably because they were too drunk to, but I liked to think that it was my disguise.

I scanned the crowd as I went, avoiding jerks to my shoulder. I scowled when I spent a whole ten minutes without spotting her. I had already tried her cell multiple times in hopes she would pick up and make my job easier, but no. She wouldn't.