Chapter 07| The Deadliest Weapon Of All

Chapter seven: The deadliest weapon of all

O L I V I A

It had been a while since I broke down like I did that day. The last time had been when Kaison had shown up at Griffin and I's place a few months back. He had been drunk back then. So much so that he had crashed on our couch and Griffin hadn't killed him out of sheer pity.

I sighed, turning over in my bed. I hated how the pillow was damp. My stomach was protesting at the lack of food I had had since the morning so I got up and phoned the reception. A few minutes later, food was waiting at my doorstep.

Thank you, room service!

No one had bothered me all afternoon. Once I had eaten, I'd taken another small nap. I knew that I was missing our batch re-bonding, but I just couldn't bring myself to care. After what had happened this afternoon, I had no intentions of seeing those people anytime soon if I could help it. I was planning to skip club night and book my tickets back home when Griffin texted me.

Griffin
u better show up urself 2nit or im goin 2 drag ur sorry ass with us
thats a promise liv
and dont even think of packing ur bags
b in the lobby at 8

I groaned in despair, turning in my bed and burying my face in the pillow. I didn't want to admit it, but I was scared of Griffin. That guy was not one of those people who had all bark and no bite. He always followed through with his threats.

Begrudgingly, I got up to get ready. It was six, but I had a lot of work to do. Removing all traces of my afternoon's distress was a tedious job. When I was sure my make-up was hiding my puffy eyes and black circles, I put on one of the dressed I had packed. A simple black number with a plunging neckline that once fit me like a glove and showed off my curves. Now it just disclosed that I was not as fit as those jeans made me look.

I sighed as I pinned the loose strands of my hair back and away from my face. I had curled my hair and let it open. I used some setting spray to set my make-up and then stepped into flats. I already had to deal with a migraine the next day and I'd rather not add aching feet to the list as well.

I plopped down on the bed, hoping that Griffin would forget about me. The clock indicated that it was past eight and there were still no new notifications on my phone. I almost rejoiced in relief at the silence that was keeping me company.

Riiinnnnggg!

I groaned, anguished. Without bothering to check the caller ID, I accepted the call.

"I'm coming!" I snapped crabbily.

" . . . are you okay?" I heard him speak. I started, pulling the phone away from my ear to the ID.

Unknown.

A scowl formed on my face. "Where the fuck did you get my number from, Jennings?"

"Umm, the phone book."

His uncertain tone gave him away. "Liar," I called him out.

"The internet." Better, but not convincing enough.

"Kaison," I warned. "Don't fuck with me today. Where did you get it?"

"I asked Sam," he mumbled in defeat.

That bitch was going to hell. And I would be the one sending her there.

"You've got to be kidding," I grumbled.

"Don't kill her," he said.

"Don't worry," I said dryly. "She has not earned the privilege to be the first one on my hit list yet."