Chapter 25| Caught . . .

Chapter twenty-five: Caught . . .

O L I V I A

Carter had called last night. He'd just wanted to check up on me. I told him I was fine and he came online so we chatted a bit. Even Josh had left a text asking me how I was doing. I wanted to resume our conversation at the airport, but I decided I'd rather talk to Sam about that so I just typed out a polite reply instead. 

Griffin had told me George would be over the next day. It wasn't his moving-out party, but we planned to get drunk anyway. He was moving out Friday evening.

Another office day had flown by and I was on my way to Kai's place. He had texted me that morning, saying that he had something planned. I had wanted to refuse, but before I could've replied his follow-up text had popped up, saying he knew I didn't want to but he really wanted me to.

Of course, I had given in. I hated myself for not being able to say no to him, but somehow I hated myself more when I did. I wanted it to work and hence I was giving him a chance. He said Chelsea was his friend. I believed him. But that did not mean that I was happy about it.

I pulled up in his building's parking lot and once again he was waiting for me there. I joined him there and he wordlessly moved in to hug me. I sighed against the shoulder of his hoodie.

"Are you still mad at me?" He muttered into my hair.

He knew me too well.

"Maybe," I answered truthfully.

"I'm sorry, mon amour. But she's my-"

"-friend, I know," I said, pulling back. "I'm sorry for reacting the way I did. I probably shouldn't have been so brutal."

He smiled at me. "I probably should've told you the minute she showed up so you wouldn't have felt the way you did."

Won't argue with that.

"Umhmm."

"Hungry?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Not really."

"I made you fried rice," he told me.

"Perhaps I can fit something," I mused.

He chuckled, dropping a kiss on the top of my head. "Let's go."

The rice was amazing and I had a scrumptious meal. I ate so much, I was sure I would skip dinner. I couldn't help but notice it; his house was squeaky clean. I didn't know how he found the time, but it was damn impressive.

When we finished washing the dishes, he handed me a pair of his sweats so I had something comfortable to change into. I accepted the change and made a quick job of swapping the clothes. I remembered to tell Griffin I was at Kai's this time. He responded with a quick thumbs up and then I was free. I put my hair in a bun and joined Kai in the living room. My period had ended so I was feeling pretty good.

He sat there with a book with him, ready to read. I laughed as he impatiently kept it down beside the two cups of steaming hot coffee and told me to hurry up with his hands.

I quickened my pace and he wrapped his arms around my waist as soon as I was within reach, pulling me to sit between his legs on the couch. My back melted into his front as he leaned against the handrest and picked the book back up from the table where he had placed it. He handed it to me while he threw the blanket over the both of us.

"Start," he told me when he was satisfied. I rested my head against his shoulder and his chin rested against my hair. His arms were around my middle under the blanket. Man, was I toasty.