12

BEFORE

BEFORE

"You look so beautiful tonight baby" Monty whispered in Maddys ear looking at her in awe. She was wearing a stunning black dress that fit her perfectly. Maddy blushed slightly before standing on her tiptoes and leaning in to kiss him and he met her half way.

"You look handsome Mont" she replied back softly. Maddy saw Zach and Jeff standing together and smiled widely before turning back to Monty "Hey I'm going to go speak to Z and Jeff can you get us drinks baby?" she shouted over the loud music. He pouted which she kissed away but reluctantly nodded and watched her walk off before heading to the punch.

"Don't you two look amazing!" Maddy called getting their attention. They both spun around and looked at her with adoration, not that she noticed. "Us? Look at you Mads you look gorgeous" Jeff replied, hugging her whilst Zach nodded in agreement. However when she hugged Zach, she saw a blonde giving her a nasty look she had to stifle a laugh at. 

"Z your fucking girlfriend better stop looking at me like that" Maddy jokes pulling away. Both the boys look towards Zach's date Amy who is still sneering at Maddy before he sighs sadly and walks off to have a talk with her before Maddy got angry.

Maddy and Jeff noticed Clay sitting on the bleachers so they decided to join him and possibly coach him into dancing with Hannah. Montgomery watched from across the room, growing impatient watching another guy hang out with his fucking girlfriend so he walked over to Courtney.

"Go and get her" Jeff encouraged 

"Go get her and do what?"

Maddy rolled her eyes. Boys. "It's a fucking dance what do you think?" she sighed. Clay shook his head "No. You both know I can't dance"

"Tonight you can. I promise" Jeff persisted, giving Clay the courage he needed to meet Hannah in the middle of the dance floor.

Jeff looked towards the girl beside him and just admired her. He understood she could never love him the way he loved her but what he didn't understand was how she could love Montgomery. "You should head back to De La Cruz he's probably been eyeing me all night" Jeff spoke bringing her attention from Hannah and Clay back onto him and she nodded.

She stood up and looked around but before she could notice him she saw Hannah. "Oh my god Hannah fucking Baker!" Maddy squealed before giving her a hug. "Mads hey you look amazing" Hannah replied, glad to have seen a friend here but still a bit put out from what her boyfriend just said to her.

"Are you here with someone?" Maddy asked since Hannah was walking alone. "I-yeah Courtney and her friends" Hannah sighed

Maddy grimaced "Be careful around her Han she's a backstabbing cunt" which made Hannah's eyes widen, letting out a shocked laugh. 

"Hey I need to find Monty but text me? okay bye Han" Maddy muttered, walking away distractedly as she caught sight of her boyfriend. As he was dancing with Courtney fucking Crimson.

That fucking bitch!

She stood there frozen for a few seconds before feeling a hand on her shoulder, she turned around to see Zach and Jeff and by the looks on their faces they had seen the same thing she had. She felt her eyes tear up slightly but she pushed them down, she was not going to cry in front of all these people. Jeff said nothing and just pulled her into his arms, he knew she just needed some comfort right now. Meanwhile, Zach stormed over to Monty and shoved him away from Courtney she could hear them yelling but couldn't make out what they were saying.

All of a sudden she was pulled away from Jeffs grasps and into a hard chest which she realised was Monty's after smelling his what would be comforting scent if it wasn't for the circumstances.

"No-Monty get off I'm fucking pissed at you" she growled trying to move away from him however he held onto her arms and dragged her out into the hallway giving a glare to Jeff and Zach who were about to follow.

"Monty fucking get off of me!" Maddy yelled yet he wasn't listening. ONce they were away from prying eyes she ripped her arms away from his bruising grip and stumbled away.

"What did I even do Maddy?" Monty asked frustratedly, running a hand through his hair, he had only heard a small part from Zach before he had stormed over.

Maddy scoffs sarcastically "Don't act like you don't fucking know Monty! I saw how you were dancing with Courtney, you know I fucking hate her!" 

"You're being dramatic! I was only dancing with her so I could tease her about that picture you're being a crazy bitch" he spat walking closer to her which would have scared her normally but she was so angry.

Frustrated tears welled up in her eyes, why couldn't he just understand "You fucking cunt I am not being crazy stop trying to invalidate my feelings!" her anger changed to fear once he backed her up into the wall and brought his fist down onto the locker next to her head.

"Don't you dare yell at me Maddy I mean it" he threatened lowly, still hovering over the trembling girl, not even realising the monstrous state he was in "Now you don't want to talk back? figured"

 He removed his hands from where they were caged beside her head and grabbed onto her hips, his touch much softer than expected "I just love you you know?" he whispered looking into her eyes innocently as if he hadn't just paralyzed her in fear "I just don't want to lose you and when you get upset with me it feels like I'm going to lose you"

"I'd never hurt you baby you know that right? I'm so sorry" he continued. She was breathing heavily and her thoughts were in a huge mess but when she looked into her boyfriends chocolate brown eyes she loved so much, she couldn't find it in herself to not believe his words. He took care of her and he really did love her and that's all she's ever wanted, someone to love her. The naive girl wrapped her arms around him, an apology was all she needed from him, not a change in behaviour the fact he loved her was satisfactory enough which was extremely sad to anyone but her.

 Unknown to both of them Hannah had seen the whole interaction and she herself was frozen in shock, not only at how Monty was treating her friend but how Maddy forgave him. She had been looking for Courtney when she stumbled on Monty pulling Maddy outside and she wanted to see what was going on. This would also be the start of their friendship going downhill.