03

Maddy was sick of looking and feeling like shit so she got up at like 5am to get ready to make herself look presentable, she wasn't going to allow a box of tapes to decide how she lives her life

Maddy was sick of looking and feeling like shit so she got up at like 5am to get ready to make herself look presentable, she wasn't going to allow a box of tapes to decide how she lives her life. From completing her makeup, to styling her hair and to picking the perfect outfit leading to now, looking like a completely different person to what she looked like yesterday. If she couldn't feel good on the inside she could look it on the outside and that was enough for her. Not to mention she was cheer captain, it was practically a requirement to look pretty.

Covered in her favorite vanilla scented perfume and her signature pink lip gloss with her head held high, she basked in the attention she was receiving today whilst her heels clicked on the floor. She strut down the hallway to her locker, simultaneously making sure to smile and wave at the people she recognised. The moment she got to her destination she used that as a chance to take a deep breath within the confinements of the metal door.

The bell rang making her jump slightly and she shut her locker however before she could get to communications Justin made his way over to her. "You look better Mads, come on I'll walk you-", he suddenly stopped talking when he noticed Clay standing in front of Hannah's locker and before Maddy could stop him, Justin had already made his way over to him.

"What the hell are you doing?" he questioned accusingly.

Clay jumped and looked around to see Justin glaring at him, confused Clay mumbled "Nothing. I-I'm just-".

"Looking for something?" Justin interrupted without missing a beat.

"What would I be looking for?" Clay responded, still confused at what Justin was talking about as they have never spoken before.

"You tell me. You're not that innocent Jenson. I don't give a shit what she says" he seethed. Maddy, who noticed Mr.Porter approaching grabbed Justin's arm and sent Clay an apologetic smile before walking to class.

What the fuck was that about?

***

"Hey baby you're looking better" Monty exclaimed before pushing her against her locker and kissing her. She responded back immediately, ignoring the wolf whistles from the jocks beside them.

They seperated after a few minutes and just stared at each other until they heard Bryce from behind them "Mads, looking good you looked like a fucking zombie yesterday", looking her up and down clearly checking her out. She laughed and jokingly punched him in the arm yet still felt nervous. Jess told her what Hannah said on the tapes was a lie but she couldn't help but have a bad feeling around him even though they've been friends since they were young.

Monty tightened his hold on her waist making her wince slightly but attempted to cover it up with a smile, it worked on everyone apart from Zach. His fists balled up at his sides, something that didn't usually happen with him as he was never one to get violent easily. Brows furrowed and jaw clenched slightly, he made a promise to check up on her when Monty wasn't around, something he should've done a long time ago.

"So there are a number of ways to get help if you need it, or if a friend does, okay? All of this information is on the board outside of my room or outside of the main office and on the Liberty High home page" Miss Bradley droned on.

Honestly, Maddy thought it was a fucking joke how they were only attempting to help now that someone died, they didn't actually give a fuck Pratters clearly proved that by saying they should be done with this already. Maddy scoffed loudly and rolled her eyes bringing the class' attention to her.

"What is it Miss.Campbell?" the teacher asked before anyone else could input and start and argument.

"I think this is fucking bullshit that's what" she snarked, not caring about the gasps and the oooh's from the class. It was true.

"Language Miss.Campbell, why do you think that?" Miss. Bradley questioned, confused with her behaviour.

The girls eyes rolled again "Honestly how no one gives a shit until you're dead". At that no one had anything else to say apart from the teacher who was trying to contradict that statement but she wasn't paying attention, she knew she was right.