26

Maddy laughed in delight as her and Jess continued to beat Bryce's ass at poker

Maddy laughed in delight as her and Jess continued to beat Bryce's ass at poker. Monty was sitting on the couch playing video games but kept losing as he couldn't stop looking over at Maddy every five minutes to make sure Bryce wasn't doing anything to her. She hadn't been on her phone so she didn't notice the numerous missed calls and texts she had from Justin.

"Again and again and fucking again" Maddy laughed, pulling the money towards her.

"Just take the money" Bryce spoke, amused.

"This is embarrassing at this point" Jess sighed teasingly before leaning towards Maddy "we are so fucking rich"

"Justy! Alex!" Bryce yelled catching the attention of the two girls, Maddy smiled whereas Jess looked annoyed "about time you guys these cards are getting stale, come on sit down"

Justin shuffled on his feet awkwardly, shooting his best friend a worried looking before mumbling "Actually uh Jess and I had this thing planned"

Jessica scoffed and shook her head whilst shuffling the deck of cards she was holding "No we don't"

"We were gonna get late dinner" he replied, trying to hint for her to leave with him "let's go"

Jess continued to look unimpressed and was now counting her money "When did you tell me about dinner? was that before or after you walked out on me today?"

Zach and Maddy looked at each other uncomfortably, they didn't exactly want to witness their best friends fight.

"Oh" Bryce interrupted, clearly finding the drama humorous "Justin sounds like you better make it up to her...by losing a few hands. Come on sit"

Zach cleared his throat to try diffuse the awkward silence before speaking up "All right, well uh the game is Texas Hold 'Em, Five dollar ante. Five dollar minimum bet"

"Don't worry I got you staked" Bryce spoke to Justin "these two have been playing with my money all night anyways" motioning towards Jess and Maddy.

"Alex, sit down" Maddy said.

"No I'm good I hate poker" he replied, still standing behind Bryce's chair.

Maddy and Jess both share a look before rolling their eyes.

"No you have to play. Everybody is playing, come on sit down" Jess grins, standing up and pushing him into her chair before sitting down on Bryce's lap. Maddy giggled slightly, she was kind of high and tipsy, whereas everyone else looked shocked and confused.

"Jess, what the fuck?" Justin exclaimed but she just handed him the cards "you're deal"

"I don't want to fucking play cards right now" he snapped pushing them back towards her.

She suddenly picked them up and threw them at his chest "I said your deal"

"Jess!" Zach and Maddy yelled. She may have not been sober but she knew something was up.